Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:36 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles Number 1

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Would have made it to the woods and stayed put, delightful place to commune with nature.

Well done.
I agree, there is something quite mystical and relaxing in a wood Cinders, I get a similar feeling in a church. It's as though making any noise would be disrespectful....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Love the title of your thread Bob, will look forward to you future Rambles.

Beautiful countryside around your area, the bluebell woods are stunning....
Thanks Mags, I suddenly realised that it would be a waste of time taking my camera on walks if I didn't have anyone to show the pictures to.....For me, that is the best part of the forum, everyone's travel and fitness experiences....For now, that's where I will direct my attention...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
thanks mags, i suddenly realised that it would be a waste of time taking my camera on walks if i didn't have anyone to show the pictures to.....for me, that is the best part of the forum, everyone's travel and fitness experiences....for now, that's where i will direct my attention...
👍......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What lovely views Bob.
Unfortunately I have nothing quite so pleasing on my walks ...... until I'm capable of ramping up the distance to make it a walk up the beach at least.

Any way, well done and I will keep suitable appendages crossed for your return to running.
Thanks Zaphod, I'm sure there must be something of interest on your walks, and I would love to see the place where you live. There are some beautiful places in your neck of the woods, and I particularly enjoy Lincoln, we go there at least once a year.
Using my bus pass and mask, I'm thinking of taking the bus into Doncaster next week and walking home. It's about five miles as the crow flies, but If I walk down to lakeside and past Doncaster racecourse I could make it into an 8 miler. Take it nice and steady Zaphod, it's not about the distance....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That is one fine outing, OGF! Leave it to you to keep the distance despite having to go it slow for a time. The mental exercise is as important as the physical and it looks like you have the proper stimulation for just that!

It is a treat to see the bluebells. We have a few species here in the US; Texas is particularly proud of there, though I don't see many growing wild in my part of Florida.

Cold hands? The worst. I realize moving hands in cold air makes then cold, but you would think that with the heart going during cardiovascular exercise, there would be plenty of blood to the appendages. It's a mystery!

Nicely done, and most appreciated that you take the time to share the photos. It's a visual-vacation!
Thanks Surfermom, there must be some very nice flora in Florida, I know that in some of your posts you mention the trees and shrubs while out running in the wild places. I notice it's not just you and me that suffer with cold hands Surfer, while watching previous London Marathons on TV some of the top athletes wear arm warmers and gloves. Mind you, they are mostly Kenyans and Ethiopians....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
What happened to "stepping back" .....
You won't find me anywhere else on the forum Omah....
I leave the discussions to you 'Cut and paste' blokes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:02 PM

Glad you enjoyed your walk Foxy, some nice scenery there too.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:31 PM

Gorgeous photos, and an interesting route! Must echo the others regarding the bluebells, they look beautiful
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you enjoyed your walk Foxy, some nice scenery there too.
Thanks Longdogs, massive thunderstorm while I was having my dinner, glad I didn't get caught out in that....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gorgeous photos, and an interesting route! Must echo the others regarding the bluebells, they look beautiful
Thanks Pixie, it was particularly nice and peaceful going through the wood, it's looking good now the trees have got some leaves and the Bluebells are in bloom. It looks like something from that 'Judderman' advert when all the trees are bare in the winter.....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top