Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:10 PM

Re: England v Scotland

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I watched some of Braveheart last night. I had no idea William Wallace was American.
American-borne Australian to be pedantic about it

I didn't watch the match either. In fact, I haven't watched any of them, life's too short to watch 22 vastly overpaid men kicking a ball around a park for 90 mins or so.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I watched some of Braveheart last night. I had no idea William Wallace was American.
Total bullshit, but some think it was a true depiction of William Wallace even though it is totally historically inaccurate. The battle of Stirling Bridge and later, Falkirk were against the English led by Edward I. The film implied that Wallace had an affair with Isabella of France who was actually the wife of Edward II and would have been around two years old and living in France at the time of the Stirling Bridge battle. A lot more inaccuracies are in the film, but I won't bore you with the details. Look it up for yourself if interested.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Total bullshit, but .....
The music is nice though!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:52 PM

I missed the big match, but this thread is doing the trick ..... Y _ A _ W _ N
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:44 PM

I also was unfortunate to sit through the whole bore. Talk about safety first football from England, not a bit of any positive thought. Harry Kane should have auditioned for the part of The Invisible Man. At least the Jocks showed passion and commitment, shame they did'nt win.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can't be bothered to even watch a lot of men chasing a ball then hugging each other when the ball goes into a fishing net. Call them footballers? rubbish. If the grass is to long they wont play -if there is snow/ice on the pitch they won't play and also have terrible eyesight as they have to have their names plastered right across their backs. Even their balls have to have the right bounce, not like the leather laced up footballs we had to kick about.

They would not have even got out of the changing rooms if they had to play on grounds like we did as school kids
A lot of sexual innuendo in that post realspeed, if you don't mind me saying ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Total bullshit, but some think it was a true depiction of William Wallace even though it is totally historically inaccurate. The battle of Stirling Bridge and later, Falkirk were against the English led by Edward I. The film implied that Wallace had an affair with Isabella of France who was actually the wife of Edward II and would have been around two years old and living in France at the time of the Stirling Bridge battle. A lot more inaccuracies are in the film, but I won't bore you with the details. Look it up for yourself if interested.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top