Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Re: PC/Phone App - AnyList

Originally Posted by Omah ->
My favourite shopping list app, OutofMilk, has been sold off for American use only .....

Every cloud has a silver lining though (possibly) .....

After reviewing several alternatives on the internet, I've downloaded "AnyList" for a trial on my Android phone .....

https://www.anylist.com/lists

Has anyone used this app .....
Why not use Google Keep? You can not only use it for shopping lists but notes. lists, drawings of all kinds.

Even better it works on all your devices so you can write your shopping list on your computer or tablet and read it on your phone in the supermarket

And it is free (of course)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why not use Google Keep? You can not only use it for shopping lists but notes. lists, drawings of all kinds.

Even better it works on all your devices so you can write your shopping list on your computer or tablet and read it on your phone in the supermarket

And it is free (of course)

I use "Keep" for simple reminders only.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 11:34 AM

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Google Keep...hmm, another one to add to my list....

....oh wait no pun intended!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've made a list on a spreadsheet that contains everything we buy each week, I then print off copies. All Mrs Fox has to do is delete the items that we don't want for that week.
The items on the list are laid out in the order you will find them in Tesco so you can proceed round in a particular order.
Before anyone says it.......Very little moves around in our local Tesco, except at Christmas when there are some small changes but nothing serious.

Two lists per sheet of A4.......

The app is far more sophisticated and will permit changes to weight, container, price, quantity plus sorting by store, category, etc. It will also monitor and include items that are regular and running low .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-06-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I didn't even know there was such a thing as Google Keep...hmm, another one to add to my list....

Seemingly, few people are aware of it and, when introduced to it, are suitably impressed by it's simplicity and utility .....

Anyway, I've just bought a years subscription ($9.99) to AnyList so that I can use features like PC browser interfacing .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 12:30 PM

It's a very useful program/app replaces a lot of individual apps (why have several taking up space when one will do the lot?) and it works on many platforms and syncs itself on all of them.

As a shopping list is is very good because as you tick them they disappear and you can then choose whether to delete them later. The "Labels", pinning and Archiving features are really useful.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 12:36 PM

thanks Bruce - that video was really interesting! I might give it a go and see how often I use it - I do like that you can add pics to your notes as well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

23-06-2021, 12:41 PM

thanks Bruce - that video was really interesting! I might give it a go and see how often I use it - I do like that you can add pics to your notes as well.
I mainly use it as a shopping list or reminder but I find it handy for jotting down notes when I am out because they pop up on my desktop when I need them. Including photos is handy too because you can add notes at the time.

When I first downloaded it I wasn't sure how much use it would be and only really wanted it for the shopping list feature but as time has gone on I find it one of my most used apps for so many of its features.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-06-2021, 12:58 PM

I've tried "Keep" as a shopping list - it can replace pen and paper but it cannot duplicate the complex functions of a dedicated app - hence my use of "Keep" as a simple reminder/notepad.

So, for example, I might use "Keep" to list items as I think of them but, as I've just discovered, I am able to copy and paste them into "AnyList" where they are instantly categorised and can be further edited (I'm just going to try it ..... ) .....

https://help.anylist.com/articles/paste-items/

ETA That worked OK .....

I then added quantities/prices/stores as required .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 03:37 PM

V and I must be Luddites. Both of prefer to use pen and paper for making shopping lists and a wall calender for jotting down appointments, etc.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top