Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:10 PM

Can Jealousy Be Good For You?

Heard someone, on the Radio, saying that he got quite angry, when his Girlfriend was asked to dance with someone, at a Party, etc..

Especially if she was clearly enjoying the chatter, and was laughing and joking with her dancing partner.

Might he have learned something from what he saw?

Should have thought about "upping his game" in case she might chuck him out?

Then there are many, like me, who look at someone with a posh new asset (e.g. new car) and ask why the "silly old sod" needs to be showing off, in that, who does he think he is!

Should we have thought " what can I do to get one of those?

Definition of Jealousy (in my book) :-

'Je' = French for I

'a' means "am"

"lousy" = 'orrible!'
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:19 PM

Re: Can Jealousy Be Good For You?

I like your definition TedC
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

05-07-2021, 12:22 PM

I've never been jealous over material possessions, skills, etc.. I think it's much more constructive to congratulate people on their achievements, and if you fancy any of it yourself, then just go get it!

I was madly jealous and possessive over my first wife. The very thought of her being with someone else drove me nuts. Very strange because I've never felt like that about anyone else!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:26 PM

Jealousy comes from an insecurity in oneself.

Speaking from my own experience of being jealous...some time back.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I've never been jealous over material possessions, skills, etc.. I think it's much more constructive to congratulate people on their achievements, and if you fancy any of it yourself, then just go get it!

I was madly jealous and possessive over my first wife. The very thought of her being with someone else drove me nuts. Very strange because I've never felt like that about anyone else!
That's what they used to do, in an area where I once dwelt!

If they fancied a car, they just nicked it!

My Fair Lady
New Member!
UK
My Fair Lady is female 

05-07-2021, 12:29 PM

Never had that depth of jealousy over a partner. Maybe it's good in one way and bad in another. Good luck to anyone who does well in life with possessions they buy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:40 PM

Jealousy destroys the vessel that contains it!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:46 PM

I think you have to be confident in your own life, and that way you don't mind what others have, because you are happy with your life. I do think though that a) Its easier said than done, and b) If you want something, you need to get out of your own way, and go get it.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think you have to be confident in your own life, and that way you don't mind what others have, because you are happy with your life. I do think though that a) Its easier said than done, and b) If you want something, you need to get out of your own way, and go get it.
I totally agree. When your happy with who you are and your lot in life so to speak. Then there is nothing to be jealous of. One of my favorite quotes I heard in my early twenties (long ago) was "Know what you would be. Then do the work." it's by that famous guy Anonymous.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:04 PM

I don't think I've ever been jealous of other people, I'm quite happy with who I am and what I've got. I don't really like being in the company of people to whom material things matter, you know the sort, always got the latest fashion, hairdo, phone etc. It is insecurity, they need to put on a display so other people will admire them, look up to them.

Frankly,I couldn't care less what people think of my possessions and if it's those that they judge me on, then I'm not interested in them as friends anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top