Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Re: You can't call someone 'Pretty' anymore.

How about saying "A nice bit of crumpet" instead then
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 12:41 PM

If you say that somebody is pretty, it is just your personal opinion and I thought we lived in a country of free speech, where we are all allowed to have opinions.... unless they break some law!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 12:48 PM

I was wondering if Ms Hilborne's remark can't be simply ignored? After all, Women in Sport's commitment chiefly targets women in sport which does not include Anett Böszörményi who is a chef. If she shared Women in Sport's beliefs, would she keep posting pics on Instagram showing her lightly-clad?
BTW, the DM refers to her as Miss Böszörményi. Isn't that sexist as well if the marital status of a woman is particularly indicated?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But I didn't write the article for the newspapers Harbal.
It was a rhetorical question, addressed to those letting themselves become stirred, Mups. I wasn't expecting you to answer it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
No, all it means is that someone is over reacting to what a minority of idiots think.
Because the comment was made by a heterosexual man imo.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Because the comment was made by a heterosexual man imo.
Spot on! I would hazard a guess that there would have been no outcry if it had been another woman calling her very pretty (provided, of course, that the woman was heterosexual and therefore had no sexual interest in objectifying her )
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
How about saying "A nice bit of crumpet" instead then
Showing your age realspeed, might just get away with it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-07-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
I was wondering if Ms Hilborne's remark can't be simply ignored? After all, Women in Sport's commitment chiefly targets women in sport which does not include Anett Böszörményi who is a chef. If she shared Women in Sport's beliefs, would she keep posting pics on Instagram showing her lightly-clad?
BTW, the DM refers to her as Miss Böszörményi. Isn't that sexist as well if the marital status of a woman is particularly indicated?

Indeed, a woke minefield, likely to fall foul of their own hypocrisy.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 02:16 PM

What a load of bollocks.......
Not that I want to be called pretty.............
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Spot on! I would hazard a guess that there would have been no outcry if it had been another woman calling her very pretty (provided, of course, that the woman was heterosexual and therefore had no sexual interest in objectifying her )
I think you got that the wrong way round Bathsheba ??
Gawd, so complicated ain't it ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top