Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:57 AM

Re: Had jabs but still hospitalised.

Aww Carol, that's a bit of a shock, I'm so sorry. The vaccinations are supposed to lessen the impact if you get it, so hopefully he will be back on his feet very soon!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 08:51 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this Carol, what a shock it must have been! Yes, I think we've all thought the double jabs would protect us from hospitalisation, but then again the reports are all something like 'you will have 78% protection etc....' which I guess means that 78% of people will only have a mild response to the infection, while the other 22% are likely to be more severe. Sadly, your daughter-in-law's dad must have fallen in the 'other 22%' bracket.

I do hope he will get through this safely, what a worrying time for you all.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 09:47 AM

Hi Carol

Really sorry to hear this, what a shock. I hope because he has had both jabs that he doesn't need oxygen for long and that he doesn't require a ventilator.
Worrying time for your family, will keep you all in my prayers.

Please keep us informed.

Just goes to show we cannot let our guard down.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:47 AM

He's still in quite a bad way - having problems with his breathing.

The vaccine he had was Astra Zenica.

He suffers from diabetes.

The doctors have told him that if he hadn't had the jabs he'd be dead now!!

Blunt speaking eh?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
He's still in quite a bad way - having problems with his breathing.

The vaccine he had was Astra Zenica.

He suffers from diabetes.

The doctors have told him that if he hadn't had the jabs he'd be dead now!!

Blunt speaking eh?
A bit unnecessary at the moment to tell him that. Doctor could have at least waited until he was better, gosh!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
A bit unnecessary at the moment to tell him that. Doctor could have at least waited until he was better, gosh!
Blunt but honest.
It's never pleasant seeing one of your own suffer though.

No vaccine is 100% effective and we're told that IIRC the AstraZeneca is over 90% effective after two doses - which means, of course, that some people will still be made ill by the virus.
Not many, but some.
Be grateful it wasn't the Pfizer vaccine because by all accounts that one is proving not to be as effective, according to the Israelis and others.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Carol, that must have been a shock, like you, most of us will be thinking after we're vaccinated, that we'll be pretty safe, it just proves how little we still know about this virus...hopefully he 'll make a quick recovery..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:45 PM

Hi.
I'm pleased to say he's much better now & can go home tomorrow. I think his diabetes had something to do with him being hospitalised.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:58 PM

Can't but help wondering if the jabs actually saved his life after all!!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:15 AM

good news Carol..

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top