Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:17 PM

Truth About Doris, Sorry....Boris.

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:59 PM

Re: Truth About Doris, Sorry....Boris.

I don't like this one sided analysis that has become so prevalent in the internet age. At least this isn't an extreme example of it, like the stuff that seems to come mostly from the far right. I suppose it rings pretty true, to be honest; it certainly chimes with the impression I have been left with after observing Boris over the years. I don't dislike him, but he should never have been put in charge of a country.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 03:11 PM

"The Truth About Boris Johnson" (as far as it goes) contains facts which can be verified and interpretations/opinions with which I agree .....

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about Boris Johnson is much, much worse - someone, someday, will make a fortune from the book written about the antics of the appalling BJ .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:38 PM

Apparently, Peter Oborne has already published "The Assault on Truth - Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and the emergence of a new moral barbarism" (Simon and Schuster, 2021 ISBN 978-1-3985-0100-3).

https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/b.../9781398501003

When Peter Oborne wrote The Rise of Political Lying, looking at the growth of political falsehood under John Major and Tony Blair, he believed things had got as bad as they could be. With the arrival of Boris Johnson at No 10 in 2019 began a new and unprecedented epidemic of deceit.

In The Assault on Truth, a short and powerful new polemic, Oborne shows how Boris Johnson lied again and again in order to secure victory so he could force through Brexit in the face of parliamentary opposition. Johnson and his ministers then lied repeatedly to win the general election in December 2019. The government’s woeful response to the coronavirus pandemic has generated another wave of falsehoods, misrepresentations and fabrications.

The scale and shamelessness of the lying of the Johnson administration far exceeds the lying about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction and other issues under Tony Blair. This book argues that the ruthless use of political deceit under the Johnson government is part of a wider attack on civilised values and traditional institutions across the Western world, especially by Donald Trump in the USA. The Johnson and Trump methodology of deceit is about securing power for its own ends - even when they get exposed for lying, they shrug it off as a matter of no consequence.
Some of BJ's lies are listed here:

Boris Johnson: Liar of the land

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...ohnson-7394440

Boris Johnson’s word means nothing. He lies, and lies, and lies, sometimes because it’s in his interests to deceive, sometimes just out of habit. You can tell when he’s lying – you can see his lips move.

We’re not talking here about the evasions and half-truths that are and have always been part of political life. Oborne’s short, readable, accessible and damning book is a record of a life spent in the shadowy world that natural liars inhabit, where truth is a tradeable commodity.
These are but a taster of the lies catalogued in Oborne’s sober, remorseless book. We knew about many of them before, but putting them all together shows us the kind of man our prime minister is.
Inevitably, the gullible will disbelieve and naysay .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently, Peter Oborne has already published "The Assault on Truth - Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and the emergence of a new moral barbarism" (Simon and Schuster, 2021 ISBN 978-1-3985-0100-3).

https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/b.../9781398501003

Some of BJ's lies are listed here:

Boris Johnson: Liar of the land

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...ohnson-7394440

Inevitably, the gullible will disbelieve and naysay .....
Number me amongst the gullible then.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-07-2021, 06:31 PM

For the interested:

Website to record the lies of Boris Johnson

We want to build a website which will record, sift and analyse the numerous lies, falsehoods and misleading statements of Boris Johnson and his colleagues. The website will also chronicle the role of the British media in aiding and abetting the culture of mendacity in Downing Street.
https://gofund.me/75dc6045
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:08 PM

"The Truth About Boris Johnson" (as far as it goes) contains facts which can be verified and interpretations/opinions with which I agree .....

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about Boris Johnson is much, much worse - someone, someday, will make a fortune from the book written about the antics of the appalling BJ .....
Conversely the book could be total. BS also ??
And you are the gullible Omah ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Number me amongst the gullible then.

And me!

I heard, on the grape vine, that BJ may get very rich, after he retires from politics, from all of the libel cases he could bring.

Some of the stuff put on a forum could, easily, be gathered like ripe fruit!

https://seqlegal.com/blog/10-things-...ow-about-libel

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 08:19 AM

For the interested:

Website to record the lies of Boris Johnson

https://gofund.me/75dc6045

The polls don't lie do they Boris is ahead in all of them
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The polls don't lie do they Boris is ahead in all of them
So what?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top