Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:12 PM

Water Drop Photography DYI

So I set about building a water drop set up. For those who don't know what I am talking about it looks something like this.

Only I went out to make mine with a little more planning. Not only couldn't I find what I was looking for at several stores. I couldn't find a Medical Supply Store that sold insulin needles or IV bags. The use of the IV bag is explanatory in the picture. The needles were for putting single drops of water on flowers, etc. to catch the refraction.
What the hell kind of medical supply stores don't sell medical supplies???

Was trying more for this

Unfortunately I am going to have to build the holding rack( that supports the water) from scratch, as I could find nothing that would work.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Re: Water Drop Photography DYI

How do you sync the drop with taking a picture?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:39 PM

I had the same question as realspeed
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:40 PM

And, why is your background different colours?
Apologies if the questions are ridiculous. I’m learning
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
How do you sync the drop with taking a picture?
Timing, if you can get your drop to come at a regular interval. They sell machines specifically for this, they cost about $100-200 dollars, they hook directly to your camera and sync it for you. But you can get the same great shots using homemade equipment.

I took this off a water drop machine like that first image.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:41 PM

That's an impressive setup .... with ocf, light diffusers, reflector, etc.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

23-07-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Timing, if you can get your drop to come at a regular interval. They sell machines specifically for this, they cost about $100-200 dollars, they hook directly to your camera and sync it for you. But you can get the same great shots using homemade equipment.

Oh so this is how the finished product would look.

I recall saying it’s great for a PowerPoint presentation background. The end result is flipping amazing Danny

Amateur corner for me whilst the pros converse
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->

and frames per seconds?
Danny
Denver, CO

23-07-2021, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
And, why is your background different colours?
Apologies if the questions are ridiculous. I’m learning
The water you use is clear. The color comes from the flash bouncing off the background. So you can shoot any pattern or color you wish. Like this.

Danny
Denver, CO

23-07-2021, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
and frames per seconds?

Absolutely!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top