Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 04:45 PM

Re: PoPcOrN

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Baz, which planet have you been living on
I can’t believe that you don’t know what popcorn is
When you’ve tried it out, let me know what you think Baz
Must be the sheltered life I've led, I simply do not recall ever having had anything like that. I do recall something else though that might have been from a similar era - candy floss. I've always had a reasonable diet, regular foods which I've had to learn about and how to cook them. I must have been doing something right, I'm still around!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Must be the sheltered life I've led, I simply do not recall ever having had anything like that. I do recall something else though that might have been from a similar era - candy floss. I've always had a reasonable diet, regular foods which I've had to learn about and how to cook them. I must have been doing something right, I'm still around!
My absolute favourite! Such great memories for me.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:50 PM

Candy Floss brings back memories of the seaside and fun fairs.
Love toffee covered popcorn
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
My absolute favourite! Such great memories for me.
Well at least I recalled that correctly so that's something. Oddly enough the only regular thing I do recall, other than regular meals, is that on Friday evenings my father would always bring home sweets like Mars bars, bars of chocolate and other sweets. That I guess was after he had been paid that week.

We had a very large garden where he grew vegetables and fruit, that is another memory with the regular harvesting of all that and straight into the kitchen. Far better than shop bought fruit and veg. and that's probably the same today, home-grown is much tastier.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:11 PM

I prefer traditional all the way but my husband prefers microwave kinds.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
Candy Floss brings back memories of the seaside and fun fairs.
Love toffee covered popcorn
I also enjoy toffee popcorn Chillie once in awhile
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-07-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well at least I recalled that correctly so that's something. Oddly enough the only regular thing I do recall, other than regular meals, is that on Friday evenings my father would always bring home sweets like Mars bars, bars of chocolate and other sweets. That I guess was after he had been paid that week.

We had a very large garden where he grew vegetables and fruit, that is another memory with the regular harvesting of all that and straight into the kitchen. Far better than shop bought fruit and veg. and that's probably the same today, home-grown is much tastier.
Such beautiful memories Baz
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-07-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I prefer traditional all the way but my husband prefers microwave kinds.
I also prefer traditional
butterscotch
New Member!
US
butterscotch is female 

26-07-2021, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I used to cook popcorn traditionally but don't have it at all now after chomping on a hidden uncooked piece cost me hundreds of pounds in the form of having to have a broken tooth crowned.
I was just about to post this exact thing.

Popcorn used to be my favorite snack. I'd eat it precooked from a bag, stove top cooked, microwave cooked or hot popper cooked. They can all be good if it's just right. Popcorn in a bag has to be fresh. Hot popper cooked can be good with the right toppings.

But like Meg, after cracking my tooth on it, I gave it up. That was over 15 years ago. I still miss it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by butterscotch ->
I was just about to post this exact thing.

Popcorn used to be my favorite snack. I'd eat it precooked from a bag, stove top cooked, microwave cooked or hot popper cooked. They can all be good if it's just right. Popcorn in a bag has to be fresh. Hot popper cooked can be good with the right toppings.

But like Meg, after cracking my tooth on it, I gave it up. That was over 15 years ago. I still miss it.
Yeah, that’s the only downfall with popcorn. I’ll enjoy it whilst I still can

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top