Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:28 PM

Re: I think I have a guardian angel.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Glad you are OK Carol...a close shave and as you say it could have been a very different Christmas.

Makes you think doesn't it Ciderman ....I once went into the back of a car there was no real damage but the chap I bumped into was beside himself all he could keep saying to me was he had dreamt it would happen and he had had a premonition.....who knows.
Several times I have had a sort of premonition. A feeling of something is about to go wrong and it has.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks everybody.

I didn't sleep very well last night - I kept having flashbacks.
Tony can't remember it happening so I've nobody to talk to about it...

Glad you are both ok Carol but you need to get back into your car and drive, otherwise it could build up so much in your mind that you hate driving or stop driving.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-12-2020, 11:31 PM

Thanks again everybody.

I've been out in the car again today & felt ok.
If I see anymore traffic lights not working in future I'll turn round & go back!!
Sorry, just seen this. well done.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:40 AM

Thanks again everybody. Your kind & sympathetic words are much appreciated.

I really had got myself into a bit of a state thinking what might have been but feeling ok now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:47 AM

Thanks again everybody. Your kind & sympathetic words are much appreciated.

I really had got myself into a bit of a state thinking what might have been but feeling ok now.
Somehow things can feel better the next morning. New day Carol, big hugs xx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:53 AM

Thank you Queenie. xx
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:43 AM

Happened to a friend of mine when he was living in New York.

One morning he was on the way to get his hair cut and as he was walking towards the building where his hair dressers was. As he walked towards the building his phone rang and it was his office (he worked for Chase Manhattan Bank at the time) who asked him to come in for an urgent meeting.

So, he turned round and walked the other way and just as he got to his office in Manhattan, the first plane struck the World Trade Centre which would have killed him instantly as his hair dressers was in the upper levels of the tower.

Happened to me too a few times. Once in particular when I was driving home from work and for no reason I slammed the brakes on the car and came to a halt. It was near my house and I sat in the car for about 2 seconds before a kid ran right in front of the car a few meters up from where I had stopped. That kid had a guardian angel looking down on him for sure...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 01:31 PM

I tell this because I know it to be true . The lady this happened to is as honest as the day is long and she told me without taking her eyes from mine .

Her story

I was driving and we came to a halt after a few minutes I looked out the car window to see a lorry about 5 cars ahead I could see people rushing . I walked to the lorry and could see an elderly lady under it . I bent down and went under the lorry and lay beside her ( this is so unlike me I would not normally do this ) as I was with her a dark skinned young man came under and I said "she is gone " he replied "no she is with me now " . He left and I got out too and looked for him , people were standing in shock and the police and other services had arrived I told the policeman she was gone and where was the young man , they said no one else was there but I kept calling for him . After telling the policeman how I was with her and the man he told me to go home

I gave more info to the police the next day in my home and they were adamant no one saw the young man .

Two weeks later I decided to go to see her arrive at the funeral service , her daughter came up to me and said " your the lady who stayed with mum , please please join us for her service " , she took my hand and I sat with them in the front.

During the service someone talked about the ladys life and apparently she had lived in India and ran an orphanage for street and abandoned Indian children .

The words above are as close as I can remember her telling me . She also told me the young man was dark skinned and youngish but they never spoke just lay with the old lady in the minutes she died

I know what I believe but make of it what you will

Edited to add this happened in my local town .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 07:11 PM

Carol, my heart goes out to you. I'm so pleased you feel a little calmer and better now.

I do believe that HWMO and I have Guardian Angels looking after us.
Your experience reminded me of when HWMO and I were travelling alongside Weston Hall on the old A5 in Shropshire many years ago. It's one very long country road with just two lanes, no turnings and no pavements.

We had been travelling from London to my parents home for the weekend, Evening was just setting in and the road was very quiet from traffic apart from the one car behind us which was keeping a respectable distance. There was only one car ahead coming in the opposite direction when HWMO said ''What the hell is he doing?'' I had been reading a magazine when he said this and looked up to see the car coming towards us veering into our lane, back into his own lane, our lane, his lane - all the time he was getting closer and closer to us. The worse thing is there was absolutely nowhere to escape it. All HWMO could do was slam on the brakes and pray that he would miss us! The car behind us did the same. We were convinced the driver must be drunk as a skunk. As he neared all we could do was grip each others hand and watch horrified as he veered back into his own lane and then he was upon us, veering back onto our lane and convinced he was going to hit us. But he came over behind us, back onto his lane and then we watched in horror as he veered over to our lane again and smashed into the stationary car behind us, causing it to roll over at least three times before it stopped on its roof. It was truly horrific to watch.

Of course,back then there were no such things as mobile phones but thankfully there was an isolated cottage on the road and HWMO ran over and asked the occupant to ring the emergency services. The driver who had smashed into the car was standing in the road repeating over and over that his steering had gone completely and he couldn't stop the car?!!, but we were more worried about the poor couple in the car that had been behind us and taken the full impact with that awful consequence.
Thankfully, as HWMO and the guilty driver were trying to comfort the couple, we heard and then saw the ambulance racing towards us. Me, I was pretty damned useless! To my shame, I was so frozen with shock I just continued to sit in the car and didn't move. I couldn't.

However, I was amazed when the couple were helped out of their overturned car as the police arrived, and were able to walk to the ambulance with only cuts and bruises. I was again convinced they had been badly injured but no, it looked as though their own Guardian Angels were definitely looking after those two!

Anyhow, to shorten things, we had to call into Telford police station and make a statement before finishing our journey.
We did find out later that it was all blamed on a blown tyre but I still fail to see how he couldn't have stopped. HWMO says he was travelling far too fast.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2020, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I tell this because I know it to be true . The lady this happened to is as honest as the day is long and she told me without taking her eyes from mine .

Her story

I was driving and we came to a halt after a few minutes I looked out the car window to see a lorry about 5 cars ahead I could see people rushing . I walked to the lorry and could see an elderly lady under it . I bent down and went under the lorry and lay beside her ( this is so unlike me I would not normally do this ) as I was with her a dark skinned young man came under and I said "she is gone " he replied "no she is with me now " . He left and I got out too and looked for him , people were standing in shock and the police and other services had arrived I told the policeman she was gone and where was the young man , they said no one else was there but I kept calling for him . After telling the policeman how I was with her and the man he told me to go home

I gave more info to the police the next day in my home and they were adamant no one saw the young man .

Two weeks later I decided to go to see her arrive at the funeral service , her daughter came up to me and said " your the lady who stayed with mum , please please join us for her service " , she took my hand and I sat with them in the front.

During the service someone talked about the ladys life and apparently she had lived in India and ran an orphanage for street and abandoned Indian children .

The words above are as close as I can remember her telling me . She also told me the young man was dark skinned and youngish but they never spoke just lay with the old lady in the minutes she died

I know what I believe but make of it what you will

Edited to add this happened in my local town .
Wow! what a lovely story.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top