Join for free
Page 49 of 52 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 06:36 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
China is the new Russia it can do anything and get away with it.
Every one is scared of them.
India isn't. They're just waiting for an excuse.

When Bidet's gone, America might push a bit harder in the South China Sea.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 06:39 PM

There are an increasing number of people wishing to boycott Chinese products and favour British products - though it can be very difficult to identify British produced goods. This is a copy of a recent message encouraging consumers to contact retails and persuade them to make things easier for us to buy British.

Suggested wording for an email to UK shops & supermarkets for you to copy and paste.
I am a member of an ever increasing number of consumers who wish to support the UK economy by buying goods produced in the UK. It is however extremely difficult to identify British made goods as “Made in the UK” labels and symbols vary from product to product and many goods show country of origin in extremely small print. We would encourage all UK retail outlets to provide their own Union Jack or other obvious symbol/signage to make shopping for British goods easier. I hope we can rely on your support as the future success of the UK depends on the willing cooperation of us all!
Yours
BUY BRITISH

Suggestion for email: compose email USING YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESSS , then under bcc copy and paste the following:
Retailcustomer.services@marks-and-spencer.com; fresh@morrisons.com; customer.service@sainsburys.co.uk; customer.services@asda.co.uk; lidl@goodrelations.co.uk; customerserviceteam@waitrose.co.uk; customer.service@aldi.co.uk; membershipcontactus@coop.co.uk; customer.relations@spar.co.uk; eherd@farmfoods.co.uk; Iceland.resolutionteam@iceland.co.uk; customercare@online.costco.co.uk; Darcy.willson-rymer@costcutter.com; ocado@ocado.com; customerhelp@booker.co.uk; customer.questions@wholefoods.com; tescohelpline@tesco.co.uk; Thomas.morriss@homebargains.co.uk; Rebecca.hitchings@sainsburys.co.uk
Additions to email addresses and changes to email body welcome.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
There are an increasing number of people wishing to boycott Chinese products and favour British products - though it can be very difficult to identify British produced goods. This is a copy of a recent message encouraging consumers to contact retails and persuade them to make things easier for us to buy British.

Suggested wording for an email to UK shops & supermarkets for you to copy and paste.
I am a member of an ever increasing number of consumers who wish to support the UK economy by buying goods produced in the UK. It is however extremely difficult to identify British made goods as “Made in the UK” labels and symbols vary from product to product and many goods show country of origin in extremely small print. We would encourage all UK retail outlets to provide their own Union Jack or other obvious symbol/signage to make shopping for British goods easier. I hope we can rely on your support as the future success of the UK depends on the willing cooperation of us all!
Yours
BUY BRITISH

Suggestion for email: compose email USING YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESSS , then under bcc copy and paste the following:
Retailcustomer.services@marks-and-spencer.com; fresh@morrisons.com; customer.service@sainsburys.co.uk; customer.services@asda.co.uk; lidl@goodrelations.co.uk; customerserviceteam@waitrose.co.uk; customer.service@aldi.co.uk; membershipcontactus@coop.co.uk; customer.relations@spar.co.uk; eherd@farmfoods.co.uk; Iceland.resolutionteam@iceland.co.uk; customercare@online.costco.co.uk; Darcy.willson-rymer@costcutter.com; ocado@ocado.com; customerhelp@booker.co.uk; customer.questions@wholefoods.com; tescohelpline@tesco.co.uk; Thomas.morriss@homebargains.co.uk; Rebecca.hitchings@sainsburys.co.uk
Additions to email addresses and changes to email body welcome.
Excellent idea, Loobyloo.

I completely agree that all British-made products should be easily identifiable.
When I look for something on Amazon, for example, it is often possible to tell whether something is Chinese. On the other hand, it is so often the case that when something appears to be British-made, when you receive it it turns out to have a little 'Chinese made' note somewhere on the packaging.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 06:56 PM

Off topic I know but OMG, I would be useless eating food in foreign countries. It brings tears to my eyes if I even see the way live Lobsters have their claws tied when freshly caught. also Crabs wriggling to escape their fate. And the thought that they are lowered into boiling water whilst still alive makes my stomach churn. I burn with guilt if I accidently tread on a snail !!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Excellent idea, Loobyloo.

I completely agree that all British-made products should be easily identifiable.
When I look for something on Amazon, for example, it is often possible to tell whether something is Chinese. On the other hand, it is so often the case that when something appears to be British-made, when you receive it it turns out to have a little 'Chinese made' note somewhere on the packaging.

Thanks JBR. Can I suggest you take a look at all the Christmas cards you've received and see where they were produced. It really is going to take an effort to back British goods. I'm also trying to avoid buying from Amazon, as they pay their staff a pittance and don't pay UK Corporation tax.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Off topic I know but OMG, I would be useless eating food in foreign countries. It brings tears to my eyes if I even see the way live Lobsters have their claws tied when freshly caught. also Crabs wriggling to escape their fate. And the thought that they are lowered into boiling water whilst still alive makes my stomach churn. I burn with guilt if I accidently tread on a snail !!
I feel exactly the same, SG.

I believe I have had lobster - once - but never again.
I'm sure some would regard me as soft, but I believe that throwing them, live, into boiling water is despicable.
I also think it is unnecessary and probably just for show.
Why they can't be humanely killed first, I don't know.
And the same people no doubt criticise muslims for slitting animals' throats while they are alive.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-12-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks JBR. Can I suggest you take a look at all the Christmas cards you've received and see where they were produced. It really is going to take an effort to back British goods. I'm also trying to avoid buying from Amazon, as they pay their staff a pittance and don't pay UK Corporation tax.
I will.
At least I've never bought a Chinese car.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 08:51 PM

Apparently lobsters don’t go into shock, so their suffering is prolonged, when put straight into boiling water/ claws chopped off/ put in the freezer......actually not sure about the freezer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-12-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Apparently lobsters don’t go into shock, so their suffering is prolonged, when put straight into boiling water/ claws chopped off/ put in the freezer......
Do some people think they can't feel pain.

All living beings feel pain. It's a natural means of protection to cause them to get away from whatever is causing the pain.
Except some poor animals can't, thanks to man.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Do some people think they can't feel pain.

All living beings feel pain. It's a natural means of protection to cause them to get away from whatever is causing the pain.
Except some poor animals can't, thanks to man.

I wouldn’t know if some people think they can’t feel pain.

How can a human get away from what ever is causing the pain?

Thanks to man?.....don’t you mean some?......they are responsible for what they do to the animals.

Page 49 of 52 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top