Join for free
Page 7 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:40 PM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Well personally I would far rather trust the opinions of such as the BoE's Andy Haldane than that of a self-confessed antagonistic keyboard warrior any day.
All I'm saying is, things don't seem to be going very well so far. In fact, things are going pretty much how common sense predicted they would. I envy you your groundless confidence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
All I'm saying is, things don't seem to be going very well so far. In fact, things are going pretty much how common sense predicted they would. I envy you your groundless confidence.
Your government is screwing things up for you. In the absence of common sense they are fulfilling their own version of reality.

Your complaining to the wrong people
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Your complaining to the wrong people
I'm not complaining; I'm just describing the situation as it appears to me. I might think Brexit was a foolish idea, but I'm not passionate about it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:10 PM

We're rolling out the most important vaccination plan ever.
We're seeing ourselves at the forefront of tech investment in Europe; seeing job vacancies rise despite Covid; seeing the government embark on plan together with business to regenerate our industries and to make the most of new opportunities that we would not have inside the EU - and that's only a small part of the positivity so far; lots have been noted in these forums alone and the examples I give are just a few.

Are things perfect?
Of course not, but when were they ever?
There is however a great deal to be optimistic about.

If you want to continue down your path of doom and gloom, seeing little but negativity that's your right.
Personally my confidence saw me become very successful - so much so that I could afford to effectively retire before I reached the age of 50.
So no wonder you envy me.
You envy away.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:20 PM

I'm not complaining; I'm just describing the situation as it appears to me. I might think Brexit was a foolish idea, but I'm not passionate about it.
I agree with you that Brexit is not going very well at the moment, but the important thing is that we are now a sovereign country once again.

I think the problem is that we left the EU under a withdrawal agreement put in place by Treason May, a known Europhile who many now believe wanted us to remain in the EU despite her public assurances otherwise.
The consequence of this is that we are still under the influence and control of the EU in some ways as Boris gave in to some of their demands.

I have always maintained that we should have left the EU completely, without any trade or other agreements.
I believe that as the days go by I am being proved right.
Although we are ostensibly benefiting from a free trade agreement, the EU keep coming up with additional restrictions and demands and, worse, we keep agreeing to them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-01-2021, 09:24 PM

Personally my confidence saw me become very successful - so much so that I could afford to effectively retire before I reached the age of 50.
So no wonder you envy me.
You envy away.
Well I am actually a multi-millionaire, so I'm not really effected by all this Brexit nonsense. I just worry about the folks who are not as financially secure as you and I, Zaphod.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with you that Brexit is not going very well at the moment, but the important thing is that we are now a sovereign country once again.
This might surprise you, but, to some people, it is their standard of living that is the important thing.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think the problem is that we left the EU under a withdrawal agreement put in place by Treason May,
I've obviously got it wrong; I thought it was Boris and his team who were conducting what they euphemistically called negotiations over the last twelve months.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:53 PM

Well I am actually a multi-millionaire, so I'm not really effected by all this Brexit nonsense. I just worry about the folks who are not as financially secure as you and I, Zaphod.

Of course you are; everybody knows that it takes negativity like yours to become successful.
We are fortunate to live in a country where even those financially less secure are never really poor, but if you say you worry about them too I'm sure somebody somewhere might believe you.
Have a good evening with your worries.

Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-01-2021, 09:57 PM

I'm sure somebody somewhere might believe you.
They might even believe you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:23 PM

This might surprise you, but, to some people, it is their standard of living that is the important thing.
I agree, it certainly is. A prime example, of course, is the Treason May I mentioned whose husband has business interests in the EU. Hence the reason for her trying to ignore the will of the people and keep us under the EU thumb!

I've obviously got it wrong; I thought it was Boris and his team who were conducting what they euphemistically called negotiations over the last twelve months.
It is, supposedly. Unfortunately, he tried to keep everyone happy including the remoaners and businessmen who are also remoaners. Consequently, corners were cut.

Page 7 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top