Join for free
Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:40 PM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Treason May / remoaners
I'll be glad when this kind of thing becomes as boring to write as it is to read.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'll be glad when this kind of thing becomes as boring to write as it is to read.
Or as upsetting for you?

Treason May - going against the will of the people who elected her - treason?

Remoaners - people who voted to remain in the EU, lost, and then did nothing but moan about it?

I'd say that they're both very appropriate epithets.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 11:16 PM

I'm not complaining; I'm just describing the situation as it appears to me. I might think Brexit was a foolish idea, but I'm not passionate about it.

Ofcourse not
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:41 AM

I see that Treason May has been having a dig at Boris, decribing his threats to revoke/ammend parts of the Withdrawal Agreement as being an abandonment of the UK's moral leadership!

That's from the woman that abandoned moral leadership herself when she ceded all control of the Brexit process to the EU by agreeing to their demands on sequencing and timing, right at the very beginning of proceedings - and that's without considering the delaying tactics which followed in the obvious hope that somehow the UK would remain subservient to the EU.

She also very conveniently ignores the multiple and frequent immoral actions from various EU politicians, Junckers' mouth-fart regarding May being just one of many such examples.
Also ignored is the fact that - as a tactic - it worked.

IMHO she is a hateful woman; what a shame that she holds such a safe Tory seat.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:43 AM

I'm not complaining; I'm just describing the situation as it appears to me. I might think Brexit was a foolish idea, but I'm not passionate about it.
Not passionate enough to continue arguing against Brexit in here you mean?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-01-2021, 10:48 AM

Another example of the sort of British inginuity and world-beating design capabilities that should help to grasp new global opportunities:

"New UK-designed ventilator could mean fewer coronavirus patients need intensive care"

"Researchers say the negative pressure device is more comfortable than other ventilators - which use a mask or a tube to provide air - as well as being significantly cheaper and needing fewer staff.
Patients also don't need sedating and can eat and take medicine by mouth, while also being freed up to speak to family on video calls or phone. However, the ventilator still needs to be approved by regulators."

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-care-12193097
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Another example of the sort of British inginuity and world-beating design capabilities that should help to grasp new global opportunities:

"New UK-designed ventilator could mean fewer coronavirus patients need intensive care"

"Researchers say the negative pressure device is more comfortable than other ventilators - which use a mask or a tube to provide air - as well as being significantly cheaper and needing fewer staff.
Patients also don't need sedating and can eat and take medicine by mouth, while also being freed up to speak to family on video calls or phone. However, the ventilator still needs to be approved by regulators."

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-care-12193097

The return of the iron lung
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-01-2021, 01:48 PM

Getting closer to CPTPP ....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-truss-eu-news
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-01-2021, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Getting closer to CPTPP ....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-truss-eu-news

That would give the CPTPP around 16% of international trade compared to the EU 27's 15% IIRC.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-01-2021, 05:13 PM

CANZUK now looks likely too.

https://www.canzukinternational.com/why-canzuk

https://conservatives.global/canzuk-...rexit-journey/

Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top