Join for free
Page 357 of 370 « First < 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:05 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Cakeman ->
New to this site but I like to do my bit in keeping active by doing own workout push-ups, dips running on spot and stretches few times a week also like to cycle, sometimes hard to self motivate but once get going I fine 🙂
That sounds very energetic Cakeman. Nice to meet you
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:10 AM

Day three of yoga for me. I can't believe I have managed to get this far considering how stiff I was on day one. Today was focusing on "ujjayi" aka ocean breath which makes the sound of the sea. Quite nice to lie in child's pose and do ocean breaths and imagine your body as waves.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

20-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That sounds very energetic Cakeman. Nice to meet you
hi annie nice to meet you to....lol to your reply i probably made it sound more than it actually is
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

21-01-2021, 10:48 PM

Day three of yoga for me. I can't believe I have managed to get this far considering how stiff I was on day one. Today was focusing on "ujjayi" aka ocean breath which makes the sound of the sea. Quite nice to lie in child's pose and do ocean breaths and imagine your body as waves.
i never tried yoga myself but i led to believe its very relaxing
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:29 PM

That's great, Annie! That sounds so relaxing.

How is it going?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:40 PM

It's been a while since posting about my running, so time to catch up if for no other reason but to keep myself moving.

For the first time that I could remember I had to take a step back, so now I am having to be patient with myself building up speeds and distance with which I am satisfied. I've had a bout of planters fascitis, but I am wearing my orthotics constantly around the house, even in the morning (running shoes and a nightie is not my best look), and am stretching with dedication, so it seems to be improving.

The trails and the sportsplex are still a disaster after the hurricanes in November Today they were hauling away the bones of one of my favorite ancient old oaks that didn't make it in the storm. The alone stump was the size of a car! Saying goodbye to an old friend isn't easy, but. I am taking some comfort in that he was surrounded by a lot of saplings that will be able to reach for the sun and slowly take his place.

That first quarter mile is rough getting my lungs and heart to agree, but getting winded isn't as much an issue as getting my legs strengthened for the hill work. I've been adding cycling a couple of times to help with that. Step aerobic is still part of the daily routine, but my surfboard is hanging on the wall until the water temperatures come up a few degrees.

Is it spring yet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:43 PM

Good grief Annie, how on earth can you do deep breathing when your body is doubled up, with your tummy squashed against your knees in child's pose?
May I ask who teaches you that?

I learned from Hindu tutors, who were in turn, taught by the yoga guru
- Swami Ramdev, a very famous man in India. You could Google him if you are interested.
It is part of indian culture. Everybody does it, whole families from kids to grandparents. We had a lovely lady of 84 in our class, still doing it.

I have found the English tutors very different to the Indian people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-01-2021, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Annie, how on earth can you do deep breathing when your body is doubled up, with your tummy squashed against your knees in child's pose?
May I ask who teaches you that?
It was very relaxing and easy Mups. I just looked it up and this is the "hip opener" version. No tummy contriction involved
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 04:07 AM

Hi

My exercise regime has completely altered since being in hospital at Christmas and my visit to hospital on tuesday.

A different regime.

I am no longer on a fixed regime, I wear a heart monitor, strapped round my chest, a pulse and oxygen monitor and they have alarms on them.

The object of exercising is to get some, but not overload my heart.

Some days I can do much more than other days when I must rest for a while.

It is amazing technology

It has only been set up properly since Tuesday afternoon but the difference is fantastic.

I can exercise more and not trigger angina attacks.

I also know when to stop.

It is weird, it can predict cardiac events, so even when I feel well, I have to slow down and stop.

Not perfect, but angina attacks have gone down to a fraction of what they where.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Anybody who didn't read the 'Good Morning Thursday' thread, I posted yesterday's exercise routine in there, and it perhaps should have been in here.....So here it is. I apologise if you have already read it....

A bit late with my post this morning after going up against Storm Christoph....The overnight rain had blown into the North Sea, and the wind didn't seem too bad as I left the village and the sky was just lightening. I had to wade through a puddle that had spread all the way across the road and was now six inches deep.

I splashed through and joined the country road. With the wind behind me I made good progress to the next village two miles away. I noticed a lack of traffic on that two mile stretch, and the reason was now apparent. The river bridge was closed. I shuffled around the barrier and crossed the bridge, the river had almost reached the height of the road and it seemed like I was running on the surface of the water it was that close. You could have been forgiven for thinking that it was a lake, such was the width.

I was glad to have reached the other side, and realised that the bridge might not even be here when I returned after a two mile lap. I put on a spurt and was relieved to see the bridge still intact and standing up to the raging torrent that flowed beneath, carrying with it all manner of debris including fallen tree trunks.
I now turned for home on that last two mile stretch of open road, and stared straight into the face of Christoph....He threw everything at me as I ducked down and pushed on into the storm, I thought I was going to have to walk at one point as the wind was so strong it stopped me in my tracks, but I battled on.

Just when I thought I had been beaten I reached the end of the open stretch and now had protection from the high hedgerows either side. I reached the village and managed to make it home, but it's taken every last drop of energy and although I might have won the battle with Christoph, he might just have won the war..... For today anyway!

Page 357 of 370 « First < 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top