Join for free
Page 11 of 30 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Originally Posted by carol ->
My little bit of tarmac(drive) is only about a cars length long Annie.

When my garage door is down there's a good chance you could bump into my garage door.
Also without footage, if someone were to back into it...you wouldn’t be able to prove who did it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When there is no communication ,in these sort of circumstances, people think they can park, wherever they like, some because, they rent or haven’t been shown by a solicitor, on their deeds what is what.

I had exactly the same problem here....this car park ,was so congested, that a couple got their car banged into.

It was terrible trying to park here. I eventually went to a solicitor,..got everything sorted as in what I owned, I was also allowed to open my garden up to make a care space, it’s at the side of my other car space......put up that bollard.....two no parking stencils on the ground....sorted....of course you get delivery drivers,dropping stuff off....but at least it never gets congested here, since I put that bollard up....in other words it restricts, where they can park....only in their bays now.
Carol has never suggested that the geyser PARKS on her patch
Pauline? only reverses there, l assume in the morning and possiby
again in the evening?? Where is the problem ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Also without footage, if someone were to back into it...you wouldn’t be able to prove who did it.
It would probably damage their car more than my garage door. I would hope they wouldn't do it again.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Carol has never suggested that the geyser PARKS on her patch
Pauline? only reverses there, l assume in the morning and possiby
again in the evening?? Where is the problem ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I am quite well aware of, Carols parking problemI’m explaining my problems that I had to her.

What’s the problem...he is reversing into her drive, unnecessarily to wind her up..imo....and because he can.....they have History....that’s the problem,

Plus, she nearly hit a car that reversed into her tiny bit of drive...when she opened her garage door.......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-01-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It would probably damage their car more than my garage door. I would hope they wouldn't do it again.
From what you have said, he’s not the only one who is reversing into your drive...unless I read your posts wrong...

I hope you get peace of mind, when it’s installed ( bollard)...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:25 PM

I am quite well aware of, Carols parking problemI’m explaining my problems that I had to her.

What’s the problem...he is reversing into her drive, unnecessarily to wind her up..imo....and because he can.....they have History....that’s the problem,
Why unnecessarily? It seems an entirely reasonable thing to do and very unnecessary to get her tights in a twist over. An exceptional example of being a dog in a manger on her part.

If she is as silly and mean minded as to install a bollard as she is proposing then if I was the guy she's got it in for there'd be a gob of Araldite Rapid thumbed into every external door lock I could access done either by me or more likely a mate in VERY short order.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-01-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why unnecessarily? It seems an entirely reasonable thing to do and very unnecessary to get her tights in a twist over. An exceptional example of being a dog in a manger on her part.

If she is as silly and mean minded as to install a bollard as she is proposing then if I was the guy she's got it in for there'd be a gob of Araldite Rapid thumbed into every external door lock I could access done either by me or more likely a mate in VERY short order.

That is the way, that you look at it...

As for what you would do, because of the way you think, you aren’t seeing it from Carols point of view...we aren’t her, so have no idea what she has encountered from ,in her words,” bully boy”

You would do what you believe to be right...by gobbing ,Araldite Rapid.( your words) Through their keyholes.......I would rather go down the legal route.........I am a great believer that you reap what you sew......” Eventually “...

Carol,is also taking the legal route, I believe, so is within her rights and won’t give into intimidation...that’s how I see it..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Why not fit a pair of gates where the drive joins the unadopted lane?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:45 PM

I'd like to add my two pennoth to this rather fascinating debate.

If you own your property and are having problems with a neighbour it could become a big problem for you if you want to sell and move on. This is because you HAVE to declare it on the pre-sale information questionnaire sheet that's now required.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:46 PM

That is the way, that you look at it...

As for what you would do, because of the way you think, you aren’t seeing it from Carols point of view...we aren’t her, so have no idea what she has encountered from ,in her words,” bully boy”

You would do what you believe to be right...by gobbing ,Araldite Rapid.( your words) Through their keyholes.......I would rather go down the legal route.........I am a great believer that you reap what you sew......” Eventually “...

Carol,is also taking the legal route, I believe, so is within her rights and won’t give into intimidation...that’s how I see it..

Not the keyholes of the "intruders" car Pauline. If I was the guy who reverses onto her bit of tarmac it's what I would do to carol if faced by a bollard.

Page 11 of 30 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top