Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:53 AM

Re: Excitement in the Backyard!

Jambalaya for dinner?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:28 AM

Half-price coffee and doughnuts down at the Crabshack?

If we see an emergency vehicle heading through the village with "Blues and Twos" (lights and siren) we sometimes say something like that, or that someone has collapsed at the till of the local supermarket when they saw the bill.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:44 AM

Maintenance or repairs perhaps? Having its bottom scraped? Removing barnacles from its bottom? (Both painful and embarrassing, and I should know).

Maybe the turbo-encabulator has been experiencing inverse reactive current fluctuations, causing transverse thrust on the epicyclic overdrive torque condenser units.

Either that or they are on a Jolly. Did the sailors bring a bucket and spade with them when they disembarked?

We had a visit from a gert big yellow jellycoptor recently that landed in the local Rec (Recreation Ground/Park) a few hundred metres away. It was one of the local rescue jobbys. Heroes the lot of them.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They have run aground and are having to be freed ...
I was surprised where they moored since of that area wraps around into a smaller cove that tends to be shallow. They were definitely playing the tides.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Looks more like a Bayou from here.
It does from this photo! However, this is a moderately fast moving river that is brackish enough that dolphins come upriver almost daily. That's a sawgrass island midstream.

Any excuse to hear "Blue Bayou" is a good one.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Jambalaya for dinner?
I once came across a crayfish, but instead of fleeing he lifted his claws to fight for his life. I've got too much respect for these fellows to eat them.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Half-price coffee and doughnuts down at the Crabshack?

If we see an emergency vehicle heading through the village with "Blues and Twos" (lights and siren) we sometimes say something like that, or that someone has collapsed at the till of the local supermarket when they saw the bill.
We usually say their tea's going cold back at the station.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Are they taking water samples .....or perhaps hunting for Mexicans.
No, I wish they would sample more. This is such an important estuary - the nursery for dolphins, water fowl, oysters, fish that we are trying to form a partnership to ensure more stewardship of the river.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They have run aground and are having to be freed ...
Thankfully, they do all the saving around here! I was surprised that such a large ship was this far upriver. Winter tides can leave the place very shallow. They apparently knew what they were doing!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We had an outbreak of the black helicopters here yesterday - a couple hovering over the two main roads and a couple over the shopping centre.
That's quite a sight! Do you think they were training?

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Maintenance or repairs perhaps? Having its bottom scraped? Removing barnacles from its bottom? (Both painful and embarrassing, and I should know).

Maybe the turbo-encabulator has been experiencing inverse reactive current fluctuations, causing transverse thrust on the epicyclic overdrive torque condenser units.

Either that or they are on a Jolly. Did the sailors bring a bucket and spade with them when they disembarked?

We had a visit from a gert big yellow jellycoptor recently that landed in the local Rec (Recreation Ground/Park) a few hundred metres away. It was one of the local rescue jobbys. Heroes the lot of them.
Maintenance, yes, but not for the ship. You are getting closer.

Off topic, but you might want to see a doctor about that condition.

Nifty on the helicopter. Any guess what they were up to?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
They do quite a bit of that around here, but the most exciting thing stashed around here is a bottle of vitamins.

They look a little more swarthy than tea drinkers
, Mags but I could toss them a cookie or two!

Everyone's guessed good, but sadly my mind is blank SF. It stopped working when you said the BIB.

Stuff the reason why the ships there, where are the pictures of the swarthy coast guard crew!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

20-01-2021, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Everyone's guessed good, but sadly my mind is blank SF. It stopped working when you said the BIB.

Stuff the reason why the ships there, where are the pictures of the swarthy coast guard crew!

Here is some eye candy, Pesta. This crew in the photo had just accomplished a perilous rescue.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Here is some eye candy, Pesta. This crew in the photo had just accomplished a perilous rescue.

Phwaaar SF thanks for that! Well done to them too.
I've saved those gorgeous hunks on my laptop .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

20-01-2021, 04:55 PM

Anytime, Pesta .

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top