Join for free
Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 11:52 PM

Re: What A Loss (?)

According to reports, Harry is wealthy in his own right. He inherited millions from his mum so they say. I'm sure Meghan misses acting and Hollywood beckons, perhaps for them both. He lost his mum at a very young age and the eyes of the entire world were on him and his brother. I'm sure he doesn't want his wife and child to be part of that circus especially when his child has been the victim of so much social media hate. I am not a big fan of the couple but I have watched Harry grow up and have watched him recently being constantly derided. Good for him to stick two fingers up at it all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:05 AM

Let’s hope he sticks two fingers up at the £600k a year it costs the taxpayers for ‘security’ .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
According to reports, Harry is wealthy in his own right. He inherited millions from his mum so they say. I'm sure Meghan misses acting and Hollywood beckons, perhaps for them both. He lost his mum at a very young age and the eyes of the entire world were on him and his brother. I'm sure he doesn't want his wife and child to be part of that circus especially when his child has been the victim of so much social media hate. I am not a big fan of the couple but I have watched Harry grow up and have watched him recently being constantly derided. Good for him to stick two fingers up at it all.
Agree totally. How much the royals cost the taxpayer and how much they do that is useful to earn it is 100% a matter for the people of GB to debate. I have no place in the argument. But notwithstanding that I can't believe the venom that is spat at them. Unlike politicians and high profile business tycoons and other hangers on, they did not choose to be where they are. Not Harry at least. He was born to it and until he was an adult there was no choice whatsoever but to be where and what he is. A prince. But for god's sake he has served his country in the army - in a war zone. And I've heard all the stuff about..Oh yes but he was protected and didn't do anything dangerous. HOw the bloody hell do they know?!..He was in a war zone in a British uniform. That's enough. And Invictus. You can't tell me that those vets don't appreciate him. I can tell you the ANZAC vets sure do. ONce again, will not speak for the UK. I don't blame him for chucking it in. Good luck to them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 07:36 AM

He can chuck it in and could have done so for many years .He is no longer a child has been a adult for a long time .
Prince Harry has enjoyed the affection ( and financial support ) of the British people for years now .
The British taxpayer has recently refurbished his house ( a gift from the Queen to the tune of £2.4 million .)
Naturally he wants to keep that and probaby the £2 + million a year he gets from the Queen via the sovereign grant ( that comes from the taxpayer )
However if he doesn’t want to do royal duties - such as they are that’s ok too.
He doesn’t actually ever have to work again in his life as he is extremely rich in his own right .

In the U.K. there are many young couples working at low paid grinding jobs who still pay tax -tax that will go at some point to subsist the royals and will never owing to the terrible price of houses in the U.K. get a home of their own .

He has the privilege of doing exactly what he wants when he wants .
His child has not been a victim of social hate at all .
I have never heard anything so ridiculous .
There are children in the U.K. that are victims of abuse and hate .
Archie Windsor is not one of them .
Most people don’t spit venom at them the media is not the general public most of whom either don’t care which way or are too busy earning a crust to listen to over privileged people who pontificate on being eco friendly ( while they travel in private jets ) The public are not all fools .

Most people never come across Harry in real life he does not influence their lives so why should they care ?
Harry has squandered the good will of the British people and now most really don’t care what he does .

He had and still has the opportunity to be a force for good in the world if that is what he wishes .
It would be a shame to see him go down the road of his late great uncle who spent his life in bored decadence .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Harry has said: 'I fell in love with Meghan so incredibly quickly... All the stars were aligned - everything was just perfect. It was this beautiful woman just sort of literally tripped and fell into my life - I fell into her life.'
Is that an Elton John lyric?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 07:50 AM

Oh well that’s ok people do say silly things when they are in love.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 09:28 AM

Couldn’t give a monkeys to be honest, the Royals are a throwback to a bygone age and are a symbol of the privileged class that still permeates this society. Let’s hope it’s a sign of the crumbling of the monarchy. Having said all that, it’s got to be said that some of the racist comments re Meghan are sickening and can’t blame her for being p....d off with it all. Certainly takes the heat off Andrew for a while.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh well that’s ok people do say silly things when they are in love.
Yeah.....like "I do"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Couldn’t give a monkeys to be honest, the Royals are a throwback to a bygone age and are a symbol of the privileged class that still permeates this society. Let’s hope it’s a sign of the crumbling of the monarchy. Having said all that, it’s got to be said that some of the racist comments re Meghan are sickening and can’t blame her for being p....d off with it all. Certainly takes the heat off Andrew for a while.
What racist comments ?
I have not seen or heard any .
Being of mixed race is no big thing these days .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 10:08 AM

He is not an animal in a zoo. We do not own him.

Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top