Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:17 PM

Re: Transitioning at 16 too young?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It used to be treated as a mental illness here until recently - gender dysphoria. It was classed alongside other similar conditions such as body dysmorphia etc. If it is not a mental illness then why the risk of suicide? We shouldn't be in a rush to mutate young people before their brains have fully developed. There is no going back with such treatment. It's become a bit of a fashion in the UK so impossible to tell who is really in need of treatment and who has been nurtured to think they need it. The cacophony of gender politics means that the voices of the rare conditions that may really need such treatment for medical reasons are silenced.
Excellent post
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Society shouldn't have to change for the individual, the individual should change to suit society.

We are becoming a very passive society and allowing all kinds of madness to go unchecked.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Society shouldn't have to change for the individual, the individual should change to suit society.

We are becoming a very passive society and allowing all kinds of madness to go unchecked.
agreed
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:30 PM

It seems very odd to me that years back, even as recently as the 1970s we never heard of people wanting to change their gender. I find it hard to believe there were hundreds of folk living in the wrong body and nothing being said about it or being reported. I can't help feeling that either it's become a sick sort of "fashion trend" or else - and this is even more disturbing - chemicals that we're now ingesting in huge amounts is irreperably altering the genetic make up of babies and somehow confusing the development of cells that determine gender.

Watched The Disappearing Male documentary last week and it was very thought provoking and sinister.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It seems very odd to me that years back, even as recently as the 1970s we never heard of people wanting to change their gender. I find it hard to believe there were hundreds of folk living in the wrong body and nothing being said about it or being reported. I can't help feeling that either it's become a sick sort of "fashion trend" or else - and this is even more disturbing - chemicals that we're now ingesting in huge amounts is irreperably altering the genetic make up of babies and somehow confusing the development of cells that determine gender.

Watched The Disappearing Male documentary last week and it was very thought provoking and sinister.
What channel was it on Eccles
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:49 PM

I can't remember, but YouTube seems to have it. I hope you can see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc_Bmq3m8Ls The title is Are These Common Chemicals Making Men Infertile.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 04:16 PM

Hi

I find this weird.

At 16 my hormones where raging

I had no interest in boys at all, girls, yes.

Was I successful, nope, but that is life.

A lesson learnt, it is her body to give, not a male to take.

The boundaries are set by the lady, not you.

Taught Sex Education by Nuns,

Treat every girl like you would treat your sister.

Terrible advice for a teen with a younger sister, we used to fight all the time.

Did I ever win?

Nope. beat me hands down every time.
eccles
South West

03-12-2020, 06:12 PM

What has your post got to do with transitioning from m/f or vice versa?
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 06:55 PM

The UK did once have a very strict process of transitioning because medical experts wanted to make sure that the person was making the right decision but as more and more rights was slowly written into law for LGBT, LGBT support groups and charities got their lawyers involved to challenged the process on the grounds of discrimination because they claimed that the strict process was unfair and harsh. Due to the constant threats of law suits and the actual cases of law suits, the government changed the law and made the transitioning process easier.

Now for the past couple of years, you've got youngsters who have transitioned complaining and taking the government to court because they argue that the process is to easy and that they were not challenged enough.

The government should have left things as they are but when you have LGBT supporters going to the press saying people within the government are homophobic and the press making it headline news, of course the government are going to back down because they do not want bad press, especially when the press comes from charities.

A classic example and a most recent and very good example is the current immigration problem the country is facing. It is the charities putting pressure on the government by using headline grabbing words such as racist and discrimination and so what happens, not wanting bad press and bad headlines, the government caves in.

They caved into the LGBT charities and they've caved into the human rights and civil liberty charities. Nothing will change because all the government cares about it getting re-elected.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 09:17 PM

Can see that underage people wishing surgery may be requested to sign disclaimer.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top