Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:33 PM

Re: Christmas Spirit in short supply in Newbury

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Your a disgrace and a disgusting person in my opinion. A woman tries to help a man in distress, basically trying to save his life by giving him CPR and you have the audacity to defend the parking companies actions.

I just hope more members in here see you for what you truly are.
I agree.

I suppose it's only to be expected that to him money is more important than human life.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Your a disgrace and a disgusting person in my opinion. A woman tries to help a man in distress, basically trying to save his life by giving him CPR and you have the audacity to defend the parking companies actions.

I just hope more members in here see you for what you truly are.
Firstly ask me if I care.

Secondly what the parking management company did was legal and within their remit. There is a procedure for appeals to be dealt with. She should avail herself of that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:04 PM

And got an automated reply telling me where I could pay my fine!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And got an automated reply telling me where I could pay my fine!
Euro Car Parks. Clearly, a company to avoid when looking to park. There are always alternatives.

It is easy to google their name and find where they have car parks, making it easier to know where NOT to park.

The more this event is publicised, hopefully the less custom they'll receive.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Firstly ask me if I care.

Secondly what the parking management company did was legal and within their remit. There is a procedure for appeals to be dealt with. She should avail herself of that.

Personally I wouldn’t have gone onto social media, but it sounds like she is desperate,who knows what hardship she is going through,.yes, indeed there is a procedure to go through, that is true, she will have to do what everyone else has to do, I honestly can’t remember doing that, but times have definitely changed, unfortunately not for the better., I hope a generous soul pays it for the poor woman.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Personally I wouldn’t have gone onto social media, but it sounds like she is desperate,who knows what hardship she is going through,.yes, indeed there is a procedure to go through, that is true, she will have to do what everyone else has to do, I honestly can’t remember doing that, but times have definitely changed, unfortunately not for the better., I hope a generous soul pays it for the poor woman.
I smell a rat and it's not the parking management company. Given the facts as described it is inconceivable that they would have acted in the way described.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I smell a rat and it's not the parking management company. Given the facts as described it is inconceivable that they would have acted in the way described.

I think you may be right.and agree with what you say here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Euro Car Parks. Clearly, a company to avoid when looking to park. There are always alternatives.

It is easy to google their name and find where they have car parks, making it easier to know where NOT to park.

The more this event is publicised, hopefully the less custom they'll receive.
I do hope so.
Not just parking after your time either, Daughter got done & it was partly my fault in one car park, I went to get the ticket but only put in the begining of the cars number plate it gave me the ticket, they fined us for not putting the whole of the number plate in, daughter argued the ticket machine shouldn't have passed the ticket & the fine was waived.
Another time we parked in a different car park & the spaces were vertical, the space beside ours & others were, probably still are, against the fence & it was partly fenced off due to a socking great hole in it, to help someone wanting to park next to our car she backed it up across the white line, we had a ticket on the windscreen on our return fining us for parking over two spaces, we took photo's of the fenced off space the ruddy great hole & the length of the spaces & said no one could park there anyway with the hole in it. We got away with that too. These car parks are all privately managed, we haven't gone back to the first one again, in Weymouth, but we often go to the second, it's at Clark's Village.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
At first reading of the article - yes - common humanity would expect the charge to be dropped in the circumstances, and I sincerely hope that they will.

But

The cynic in me says the young woman is 'milking' the situation. Children who 'expect a lot from Father Christmas',
taking anti depressants, can't use the car park because of having 'flash backs', just sounds a bit OTT to me.
She did over egg it a bit didn't she.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 09:20 PM

The parking company missed an opportunity there.
Had they reimbursed the lady and pushed for the publicity, people would have swarmed to their car parks.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top