Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Boiled Egg and Toast Soldiers

Hi

Not had it for years, a childhood thing.

Brilliant with homemade bread toasted,
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:54 PM

Re: Boiled Egg and Toast Soldiers

I love a boiled egg with soldiers, yummy

I vividly remember it being quite a big thing for my mum when, at the age of about 8 or 9, I finished off the yolk AND the white!
I suppose it must have been so frustrating for her to see me eat the fat content of the egg and not the protein for all that time
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:58 PM

Just had 2 boiled eggs with homemade bread like this ..

I photographed a recent picture to show my eldest granddaughter (age 10) because the eggs were from her chickens which have just started laying.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	egg.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	14555  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just had 2 boiled eggs with homemade bread like this ..

I photographed a recent picture to show my eldest granddaughter (age 10) because the eggs were from her chickens which have just started laying.
Cooooor!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:19 PM

Always got that on the Weekends for breaki.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:24 PM

I love boiled eggs - have them two or three times a week. Never shared them with the army though.. Mine come with strips of buttered toast that we always called 'dippers' !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 08:09 PM

I often have two boiled eggs with soldiers. The eggs are extra large & I like to boil them for 4 minutes. I eat them for my evening meal frequently.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I often have two boiled eggs with soldiers. The eggs are extra large & I like to boil them for 4 minutes. I eat them for my evening meal frequently.
Hi

I do mine for 5 minutes, I have an induction hob, gentler than gas.

My eggs come from my cleaner, they are free range and she gets them from a house she works at.

She gets duck eggs as well, I use them for pancakes and Yorkshire puds.

It is all legit, part of her job is to collect the eggs and they only want 4 chicken eggs a day and two duck eggs twice a week.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do mine for 5 minutes, I have an induction hob, gentler than gas.

My eggs come from my cleaner, they are free range and she gets them from a house she works at.

She gets duck eggs as well, I use them for pancakes and Yorkshire puds.

It is all legit, part of her job is to collect the eggs and they only want 4 chicken eggs a day and two duck eggs twice a week.
My hob is electric, I tried 3 minutes but the egg whites were still runny, was trial & error but 4 minutes seems to be right, runny yolk & solid white. I put a bit of butter in the shell once I've had a mouthful of yolk & white, it makes it go further.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My hob is electric, I tried 3 minutes but the egg whites were still runny, was trial & error but 4 minutes seems to be right, runny yolk & solid white. I put a bit of butter in the shell once I've had a mouthful of yolk & white, it makes it go further.
Thats interesting may well try that next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top