Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:43 PM

Do You Think You Can Change People?

When l was younger and going out with someone and they had a few things l didn’t like about them, my mother used to tell me off and say, ‘You can’t change people, it’s how they are’.
Over the years, l understood that she was right, you cannot change people to be how you think they should be.

Do you agree? Was she right that a leopard cannot change its spots.

Maybe, you know different?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:50 PM

Re: Do You Think You Can Change People?

Why would I want to change a person,Art?

I can only change myself....not sure what a leopard can’t change its spots, means?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:52 PM

a person can change but it has to be when the person is ready to make that change, change wouldn't happen unless the person wants that change if that makes sense. Personally I would never try to change anyone, it's not my right, people are their own person but nothing wrong with giving a helping hand to try make someone see the error of their ways if they are taking the wrong path.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:03 PM

I don't think I can change anyone, but I have sure changed a lot over the years!

In some ways those changes have been for the better, but admittedly, in some ways, not so much.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:18 PM

I have also changed a great deal. Getting divorced and having to be independent forces that change but I'm quite proud of the way I've coped. Surprised myself at times but long may it last!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
a person can change but it has to be when the person is ready to make that change, change wouldn't happen unless the person wants that change if that makes sense. Personally I would never try to change anyone, it's not my right, people are their own person but nothing wrong with giving a helping hand to try make someone see the error of their ways if they are taking the wrong path.
I would go long with that, LQ. I accept people for who/what they are.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would go long with that, LQ. I accept people for who/what they are.
I think we all try to accept people for who or what they are, but everyone's perception of others is as different as each individual is to the next.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:59 PM

No, you cannot change some people.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:02 PM

I suspect that there are many who will Change to get what they want, and change back when they've got it.

I call it "Politition Mode".

Sometimes referred to as "Wham, Bam, Thank you Maam"

Cynical mode off: Click!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 10:09 PM

Its no ones right to change anyone, who has the perfect perspective?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top