Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 02:05 PM

Re: Doctor - patient relationship...

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
now there are far too many patients and you are lucky to get an appointment in most places.
If anyone wants proof that the UK is over populated you only need to call in to your local GP surgery, I don't care what colour, religion, sex they are.........there are just too many. Yet all anyone talks about is how to build more houses, how to create more GP surgeries, how to build more motorways and high speed railways and airports and new towns and the list goes on.

We are moving house soon, not far, and I asked my GP receptionist if I could stay with them ( I did have a GP who 'sort of' knew me) The receptionist replied that once it would have been possible but now so many people have recently registered they can't keep me on, I have to register with another GP surgery only a few miles closer to where we will live. A new GP who doesn't know me and who has only a few notes on his computer, how can he be as good as the doctor who I consulted for over 20 years albeit thankfully very infrequently.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 02:22 PM

It is a shame that this is how things are now.
Back in my London days, I had a great GP I wanted to stay with him, so when I moved asked if I could. The answer was yes. It was quite a distance to travel there, but was happy to do so. Those days are gone now.
We have many immigrants where I am and the surgery is always full. Hate going there so rarely do.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
We are moving house soon, not far, and I asked my GP receptionist if I could stay with them ( I did have a GP who 'sort of' knew me) The receptionist replied that once it would have been possible but now so many people have recently registered they can't keep me on, I have to register with another GP surgery only a few miles closer to where we will live. A new GP who doesn't know me and who has only a few notes on his computer, how can he be as good as the doctor who I consulted for over 20 years albeit thankfully very infrequently.
Your full medical history will be transferred to your new doctor Losos.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 03:28 PM

That's great but do they have time to read them ? with only 5 minute appointments I doubt it really.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's great but do they have time to read them ? with only 5 minute appointments I doubt it really.
5 mins?

Our surgery has 10 min slots but more time is given if needed.

A new patient's records will be read when the patient attends a new patient health assessment/check up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Yes 5 minutes if you pass 7 minutes you are asked to leave whether you are finished or not and only one symptom per visit too. So it can take 3 or 4 appointments to describe a problem !
Pats
Lincolnshire

23-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Yes 5 minutes if you pass 7 minutes you are asked to leave whether you are finished or not and only one symptom per visit too. So it can take 3 or 4 appointments to describe a problem !

I don't envy your obviously sub-standard medical practice Julie....terrible.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 05:25 PM

I get that normally Julie - one symptom / problem per visit so I was amazed that my surgery actually suggested I have the one appointment to review my asthma medication regime AND address a minor worry I have too, next Saturday!

I'm grateful for the consideration this time but rather surprised that - again - I've been told I'm an 'At risk' Asthma patient yet I have to wait until next Saturday before I can re-order any asthma medication.

Today I was looking up the NHS for reasons I won't go into here and I found that GPs are bemoaning their workload yet A&E's are bemoaning the workload they have to cope with due to failures of GPs to deal with minor complaints and problems! stevmk2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top