Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 09:51 PM

Re: Pumicestone hobbled

Having smashed my left arm and shoulder and been screwed up, nailed up and pinned up, I can give you a bit of advice. Itīs easier to sleep propped up, ensuring that you have large soft pillows on the side of the affected shoulder just in case you turn to that side when asleep. I hope all goes well with your operation.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Get well soon, pummy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Wishing you well with your operation Pummy
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Good luck with it all
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:15 PM

I'm, overwhelmed. Thanks all

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Having smashed my left arm and shoulder and been screwed .....
How did you manage that ?
The arm injury, I mean.

Thanks for the sleep advice. I admit that had concerned me bit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Good luck with the op Pummy. Hope all goes well for you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I'm, overwhelmed. Thanks all

How did you manage that ?
The arm injury, I mean.

Thanks for the sleep advice. I admit that had concerned me bit.
I'm not too sure how I managed it but I tripped in the garden and fell with my shoulder against the edge of a concrete patio. according to the surgeon it was the angle I fell at that caused so much damage, he said it was like being hit by a wrecking ball. I was taken for surgery at 4 p.m and was back in my room at midnight. I was told it was a long and complicated operation, the surgeon said "for me very good, I get to show off my skills, for you, not so good"

The sling became my best friend for quite a long time. Even when things were a whole lot better I would use the sling for sleeping, reason being it was more comfortable and stopped the "arm flinging" which would wake me with pain. I'm sure you will find the pillows will help a lot. It isn't the best of operations to have, that's for sure, but I'm sure all will go well for you. I do have some limited movement but nothing that hampers me in any way really and I was told to expect that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:37 PM

Ouch Clumsy!
Poor you !
Hope you get better soon .
I am feeling a bit delicate myself as i decided to go Canyonning !
yes- first time at my age - all that rappelling and throwing oneself off rocks -Think i have cracked a rib.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Pummi fear not !
Sure you wont be hobbled for long
I will be still be here awaiting your words of ocker wisdom
Get well soon
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 10:45 PM

Sending my best wishes too

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top