Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:52 PM

Re: Is being generous really a kindness?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, but how do we differentiate?

It is a difficult issue.

Some simply cannot do so.

Many have fallen foul of The Virus payouts, they had changed jobs so did not qualify for any payouts.

The decent honest ones are suffering, the scam artists are not.

We have a stupid system here which needs changing.

We give money to all, who can spend it as they wish, on drugs, fags and booze.

They do not even pay their rent and we rehouse them without penalty.

We need to change the system. pay rents direct and give out food and clothing vouchers.
I wouldn't argue with you an that Swim, but if people can't afford to feed their kids they shouldn't have complained about the embarrassment their kids suffer, when they had free school meals.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:00 PM

Hi

Yes, but how do we differentiate?

It is a difficult issue.

Some simply cannot do so.

Many have fallen foul of The Virus payouts, they had changed jobs so did not qualify for any payouts.

The decent honest ones are suffering, the scam artists are not.

We have a stupid system here which needs changing.

We give money to all, who can spend it as they wish, on drugs, fags and booze.

They do not even pay their rent and we rehouse them without penalty.

We need to change the system. pay rents direct and give out food and clothing vouchers.
What is really needed is a BIG TIME curtailing of the "Benefit" system.

All that should be available should be the bare essentials of life. NOTHING MORE.

If people sucking on the treasury teat should have no right to expect more.

If it means they need to move where they live to somewhere that is affordable - then they should be MADE to move. If they buy non essentials then fine. Starve.

I REALLY mean this. Life for too many people is FAR too soft.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wouldn't argue with you an that Swim, but if people can't afford to feed their kids they shouldn't have complained about the embarrassment their kids suffer, when they had free school meals.

Hi

I help out with people with Mental Health Problems.

The system is complicated and they cannot stay on the phone long enough to get through.

They are suffering and so are their kids.

I have a lot of time for them, they deserve our support.

The ones who work the system deserve sod all as far as I am concerned.

My view is simply this.

We have got the system wrong, we are not giving money to those who deserve it and need it most but we are giving money to prats next door who are bragging about getting new iPhones.

My view is that we could cut massive amounts of benefits to those who do not need them and give the money to those who genuinely do.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:08 PM

Hi

I help out with people with Mental Health Problems.

The system is complicated and they cannot stay on the phone long enough to get through.

They are suffering and so are their kids.

I have a lot of time for them, they deserve our support.

The ones who work the system deserve sod all as far as I am concerned.

My view is simply this.

We have got the system wrong, we are not giving money to those who deserve it and need it most but we are giving money to prats next door who are bragging about getting new iPhones.

My view is that we could cut massive amounts of benefits to those who do not need them and give the money to those who genuinely do.
I agree 100% with that statement Swimmy, but how to sort it out, that's the question.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Round here, there are always beggars sitting on the floor outside supermarkets.
I did give one a slice of cake I had just bought, but now I often see these people with about half a dozen cups of take-away coffee in front of them which kind hearted people have bought for them.
They can only drink so much of the same thing surely, so I don't do it anymore.

I have never, nor will I ever, give them money though, not when I see them sitting there with a mobile phone and puffing away on their fags!
That's why Judd and Dongles won't let you be last on LTP.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's why Judd and Dongles won't let you be last on LTP.

Thought you were supposed to be at work, Spitty.
Now 'oppit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I agree 100% with that statement Swimmy, but how to sort it out, that's the question.
Hi

One of the reasons I got sacked was because of this.

It is all about Votes, not solutions.

It is also about the Status Quo.

I also suggested cutting expenses massively.

This applied to MPs as well as Civil Servants.

It did not go down well

There is absolutely no need for second home payments to MPs, there is absolutely no need for £300 a day for Civil Servants to go to London for meetings.

They are expenses, so no Tax.

A simple phone call is all that is needed.

The Gravy Chain needs to be stopped.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:36 PM

I didn't intend this thread to be political, I was just asking if being generous with your own money, is likely to make poor people more dependent on you.

The government do need to make sure those on benefits need them, but many with mental health problems don't need money, they need psychological help!

Is it possible to forget the mistakes government makes, and to hear peoples ideas on how they feel about being generous to others with their personal assets?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Is it possible to forget the mistakes government makes, and to hear peoples ideas on how they feel about being generous to others with their personal assets?
#1 I'm not

#2 I don't.

Really.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Nobody need go hungry, it is surprising how little food is needed for all the nutritional benefits.

When grocery budget is fixed, they need to prioritise.

Have a list must haves, would like. Practical advice to help rather than just donating food, planning meals around what they have supplemented with a minimal amount of additional purchases. If a recipe has an ingredient not normally used omit it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top