Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 06:42 PM

camera problem solved

Not been on here for a few days trying to find out where my photos were going out of focus.
Made a short video with the camera locked down and remote trigger and this is what happened.

First part as seen on the rear screen before photo taken, second half is the photo taken

As you can see the picture suddenly jumps out of focus, not my fault but a camera kinda fault.
Eventually I discovered that the auto focus sensor under the mirror inside was the cause. So put the camera into mirror lockup and used the rocket blower and Artic brush (not spinning to give a clean)

Now I can do this totally impossible before even though it was waving in the breeze .

Heavily cropped only else unedited. No way could I have got anything like before in a month of Sundays

original photo

To be honest I felt like chucking it all into the sea and taking up snail racing instead. You have no idea how frustrating it is knowing your doing it right and the equipment is letting you down.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Re: camera problem solved

If the camera is hunting for focus such as in low-light situations, I usually switch it to manual focus. Do you use manual focus at all or just rely on auto-focus?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:57 AM

Judd
in the video it shows that the picture taken went out of focus. that is different from what you described as it doesn't hunt.

Steve Perry came up with the answer in solution 2 at 2.20 minutes into the video

I clean the sensor ,like many have to do or have done, never once even knew about cleaning the image sensors as well, let alone known where they were.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-07-2020, 11:32 AM

second clean in daylight. managed to clean more. seems to me to have improved the clarity( sharpness) to a degree

For the tech minded
Nikon D810 lens Nikon afs 24-70mm at 24mm on f2.4 spot metering remote shutter release on tripod

now this both unedited
uncropped

and cropped

edited

OK this time I will ask for opinions
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-07-2020, 11:44 AM

second clean in daylight. managed to clean more. seems to me to have improved the clarity( sharpness) to a degree

For the tech minded
Nikon D810 lens Nikon afs 24-70mm at 24mm on f2.4 spot metering remote shutter release on tripod

now this both unedited
uncropped

and cropped only

edited

Has the clarity (sharpness) improved???
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 12:47 PM

I prefer the blurred background. It makes the flowers clearer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-07-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I prefer the blurred background. It makes the flowers clearer.
Thank you Tessa, would that be which photo first second or third you are referring to?
It took me absolute ages to discover the problem I had before with out of focus photos , nearly to the point of giving up.
Now ordered new cleaning camera sensor swabs as the ones I have basically have had it
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

12-07-2020, 06:36 PM

New swabs and cleaning sensor fluid just arrived so I can now chuck out the old

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top