Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 10:36 AM

Re: London brexit talks end early too ??

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The situation is somewhat different.

Article 50 is only 250 words long.

It refers to Article 218(3), which sets out the methodology, which is WA first and then negotiations on a Trade Deal.
The process for withdrawal is laid down in Article 50 (2) and instructs the Union to "negotiate and conclude an agreement with that state, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking into account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union". Had the UK not given in to the "sequencing" demanded by the EU they might have taken her more seriously.

And had we negotiated the WA whilst simultaneously negotiationg a trade deal then both parties would have been a lot further down the road than we are now. And there would never have been all that "Backstop"* nonsense. Water under the bridge now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
The process for withdrawal is laid down in Article 50 (2) and instructs the Union to "negotiate and conclude an agreement with that state, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking into account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union". Had the UK not given in to the "sequencing" demanded by the EU they might have taken her more seriously.

And had we negotiated the WA whilst simultaneously negotiationg a trade deal then both parties would have been a lot further down the road than we are now. And there would never have been all that "Backstop"* nonsense. Water under the bridge now.
Hi

Article 50 (2) which you refer to

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDa...)577971_EN.pdf

It includes the statement that negotiations will be conducted in accordance with Article 218.

https://www.politico.eu/article/forg...s-article-218/

The EU have conducted negotiations strictly in accoradance with this.

We have the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration.

Both were signed off by Boris.

The political declaration simply says that the EU will enter Trade Negotiations.

It does not say they will give us what we want.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Good morning everybody,

interesting riddle: "new buddy with the lots of numbers". Who might that be? I have got a hunch but if that was true it would be way too childish...

Anyway interesting that you consider somebody who values Solasch's posts and does not despise him as his "buddy". Hm...

Back to Brexit. I assume you do not speak German because if you did and if you read German forums and news then you would know that Brexit does not play a considerable role any longer. "We" have gotten over it and moved on.

Brexit cannot be reversed, at least we know that. So there is no sense in wanting to reverse it. Why do you think people want to reverse it?

Even in the most unlikely event that the UK tried to apply for EU membership somewhere in the future, I very much doubt that the EU27 would agree on that.

From January 1st 2021 the UK will flourish and everything will be great, you all be completely free. I am so happy for you.

Kindly let "us" know about all the things you can do then which you couldn't do during EU membership. I am so curious.

Best regards
Hi Buddy! As we both agree that uk should and will be leaving EU
at years end surely there is no point in you posting on this subject
on this forum again is there?
I mean, what is the point of arguing that we agree to to agree on
this subject?? Does'nt make sense does it??
Maybe we can converse on another subject some time and lets
not waste each others time by agreeing with each other any longer?
Farewell !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:13 AM

Good morning everybody,

Kindly let "us" know about all the things you can do then which you couldn't do during EU membership. I am so curious.

Best regards

Off the top of my head:

No more paying billions of our pounds into EU coffers. We can spend it in this country in future
We decide on levels of EU immigration. Control our own borders
Sovereignty no longer given over to the EU. Bye bye ECJ
The ability to agree trade deals with who we like without interference from EU
We can make our own laws and kick out politicians who make laws we don't like
The income of the less well off workers will increase as their will be less competition from an endless supply of low-skilled EU workers.

I'm sure I've forgotten loads. It's Friday afterall!
Takahashi
United Kingdom

10-07-2020, 11:20 AM

Hi

It includes the statement that negotiations will be conducted in accordance with Article 218.

The political declaration simply says that the EU will enter Trade Negotiations.

Like I said it's in the past now so no point in raking over the coals. I have my opinion and you have yours. May caved on the sequencing. It was her first and worst mistake.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hi Buddy! As we both agree that uk should and will be leaving EU
at years end surely there is no point in you posting on this subject
on this forum again is there?
I mean, what is the point of arguing that we agree to to agree on
this subject?? Does'nt make sense does it??
Maybe we can converse on another subject some time and lets
not waste each others time by agreeing with each other any longer?
Farewell !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Hi Donkeyman,

I hope that I understood your post (as you know my English is often not good enough).

It would be great if some thoughts were no longer repeated in this forum and if there were more proofs together with all the allegations which are posted in forums.

Anyway, I fully agree with your opinion.
Have a nice weekend
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Hi Donkeyman,

I hope that I understood your post (as you know my English is often not good enough).

It would be great if some thoughts were no longer repeated in this forum and if there were more proofs together with all the allegations which are posted in forums.

Anyway, I fully agree with your opinion.
Have a nice weekend
You see Buddy? We agree again??
Auf wiederzen!!

D Man!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 01:56 PM

Hi

It says a lot more.
The Political Declaration accompanies the Withdrawal Agreement, and sets out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom.

It establishes the parameters of an ambitious, broad, deep and flexible partnership across trade and economic cooperation with a comprehensive and balanced Free Trade Agreement at its core, law enforcement and criminal justice, foreign policy, security and defence and wider areas of cooperation.

The Declaration also states that safeguards on a level playing field should ensure a future relationship based on open and fair competition.

The precise nature of commitments will be commensurate with the ambition of the future relationship and take into account the economic connectedness and geographic proximity of the United Kingdom. This necessitates safeguards to ensure a level playing field that upholds the common high standards applicable at the end of the transition period in the areas of state aid, competition, social and employment standards, environment, climate change and relevant tax matters, in order to avoid unfair competitive advantages to either the EU or the United Kingdom.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->

Article 50 states:
the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union.*

There is no sequency.

But there is a more important reason why a trade deal could not be negotiated during the two year period of article 50. The EU cannot negotiate trade deals with countries that are still members. Negotiations on trade by law couldn't start before you exited the EU and became a third country. So after 31 january 2020. Shouldn't be too difficult to understand that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:08 PM

Not to worry I am stocking up on Tim Tams to send Boris if it all falls in a heap.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	200703 002 Tim Tams.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	13165  

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top