Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 01:41 PM

Re: Benefit Cheats..

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Watch out benefit cheats..I believe a lot of you are being watched.

Did you know your neighbors also watch and report you.

Hi

Try reporting them, they need to know their full name and date of birth.

This is the new system, very different to when I was working.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
We know it goes on, bet most here know of people who are/were cheating the system...... which indicates there are lot doing it.

But do/would you report them ?

Me personally, I can't be bothered..... from my understanding its pretty much a waste of time.
The conservative governments of the world love raising people's ire over tax cheats yet all their witch hunts rarely find many.

Even when they use illegal tactics the numbers are small and it costs them far more to try to find cheats than they ever recover or save.

Who wants to be on the dole anyway? no one can live on $40 a day
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I wouldn’t know because I have never reported any of them

But I know a few people who have..
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Hi

Please tell me you're kidding. What's next - eye colour, inside leg measurement.....????
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Please tell me you're kidding. What's next - eye colour, inside leg measurement.....????
I wonder if that's just another facet of the new "Let's be kind to criminals" policy we hear so much about these days.

It's becoming more and more attractive to take up a career in crime.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
]Hi

Nope.

Posted previously about this.

One of my neighbours threw boyfriend out and started claiming as a single parent.

They brag about it, even though she has new man living there.

The entire thing is a nonsense.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:57 PM

]Hi

Nope.

Posted previously about this.

One of my neighbours threw boyfriend out and started claiming as a single parent.

They brag about it, even though she has new man living there.

The entire thing is a nonsense.

Said boyfriend can stay there so many nights..she can still claim benefits.

As long as he isn’t there full time.....even if he is there full time.i doubt they will bother....to investigate them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I have a friend who's receiving pension credits and I know she's a lot better off than me financially & yet I don't qualify!!

She's a bit evasive about how she got it but reading between the lines I think she took quite a lot of money out of her bank account & saved it elsewhere - maybe one of her kids have banked it for her.

I am inwardly quite resentful about this but would never report her. I try not to think about it but it's hard when she goes on about it!!
Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You mentioned this previously and so now have found out you don’t qualify?
How foolish of her to impart that knowledge to you her friend so that now you’re resentful .
You wouldn’t be able to “report” her , there isn’t any way the department paying her would take notice of what you thought she’d done to get PC .
My way would be to tackle her in this kind of way if she goes on about it .....
“ didn’t you say though you’d given your family a lot of your savings, I thought that wasn’t allowed ? “
It might not get a result but at least you’ll have got rid of your resentment .
Yes, I made enquiries about it but I don't qualify as I have too much money in the bank.

No I never said I'd given my family a lot of my savings. I haven't given my family any of my savings at all - I need it for myself!!

I do remember saying my friend had given her family a lot of her savings but knowing her she wouldn't have made herself short. A lot more of her savings will have been hidden away..
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The conservative governments of the world love raising people's ire over tax cheats yet all their witch hunts rarely find many.

Even when they use illegal tactics the numbers are small and it costs them far more to try to find cheats than they ever recover or save.

Who wants to be on the dole anyway? no one can live on $40 a day

Here, the government will always estimate the actual figures of people fiddling benefits, to be lower than what people think

As for high profile figures who legally avoid paying Tax, by using loop holes which only the rich can..... Name and shame, no.. Instead they getting knighted.

Be interesting to see what the actual benefit payments are.

I've tried searching but nothing concrete with lots of different figures...
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:04 AM

Most who report benefit fraud, or Tax avoidance..... I understand are usually friends or family....people who are more closer to home, the last people you would suspect.

I think if this is right, is this due to some stand up conscience or jealousy

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top