Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:18 PM

Another `Privileged` Sportsperson

Yet another sportsperson playing the race card. This time, it's the athlete Bianca Williams who was travelling in a car with a `companion`. The car was driving on the wrong side of the road then failed to stop when instructed to do so by the police. A chase ensued and when they finally stopped, refused to get out of the car. All the while, she is filming the incident screeching at the top of her voice and then surprise surprise, pulls out the race card and begins accusing the cops of pulling them over because they were black. The fact that the car's windows were heavily tinted so the colour of the occupants couldn't be established is neither here nor there. During her tirade, she stated that all the UK is racist - we'll think about that next time we cheer her on during her next track event.

She says she's now going to sue the police - hopefully, the cops' body cams can refute any allegations. If it is proved that she has been lying, she should be removed from the UK athletics team.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:20 PM

Re: Another `Privileged` Sportsperson

I saw that on the news last night Judd.

From what I heard, the cops looked at the bodycam footage and said that the police did nothing wrong whatsoever.
As you say, the car sped off instead of stopping, so they must exect to be pursued surely.

I bet she don't let this drop though . . .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:22 PM

I hope there is police dashcam footage of the car doing what the police said the car was doing. If she is found to be lying and 'trying it on' because of wave of feeling going on at the moment over racial issues, then yes, I agree with you, she should be kicked out of UK athletics.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:25 PM

I see that Cressida Dick (by name and nature) has apologised to Bianca Williams for the actions of her police officers. No mention that Williams broke the law and was pulled up for it. No. Just virtue signalling and appeasement of BLM to avoid charges of racism.

It's About time she was sacked from her post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Yes indeed what a useless copper.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:37 PM

Hi

Not useless, following Political instructions.

Message to anyone.

If you are pulled over by the cops, give your identity, be polite and that is that.

f you refuse to stop, expect the worse.

If you do stop and give your ID and consider that the cops have been prats, by all means make a complaint.

All cops have body cams, traffic cars have video cams, they cannot dispute the evidence.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that Cressida Dick (by name and nature) has apologised to Bianca Williams for the actions of her police officers. No mention that Williams broke the law and was pulled up for it. No. Just virtue signalling and appeasement of BLM to avoid charges of racism.

Agreed Judd!
Let's not hold our breath though.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

There are so many problems generally today with the laws and police generally doing their job, sometimes with one hand tied behind their backs that none of us really know for sure where we stand. Like one poster said though, if requested to stop then any motorist should do so, if not satisfied with the way the police acted then make a complaint.

Add to that though that there are officious police and then there are those of the ethnic minorities in society who will play the 'race card', I would hate the thought that I could be pulled over and treated in any way that wasn't correct just because I am white.

More information about the apology made can be found on the link below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53307561
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:36 PM

I always think that, if somebody doesn't stop when the police ask them to, they must be doing something wrong! Maybe in this case they were just trying to demonstrate that the police were racist, so didn't stop on purpose!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I always think that, if somebody doesn't stop when the police ask them to, they must be doing something wrong! Maybe in this case they were just trying to demonstrate that the police were racist, so didn't stop on purpose!
Hi

I agree, flashing lights behind you mean pull over.

Nothing wrong, nothing done.

I also agree, even though I have worked with the Police for many years that some of them are arrogant, offensive pillocks who should not be in the job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top