Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 12:18 PM

A Locum (Loci?)

The various medical facilities seem to have a fair number of these, nowadays.

I'm told that it's a "Good Little Earner" as the Locum can negotiate his/her terms & conditions with whatever facility/practice has a slot.

It is said that a Locum can pick & chose what days, weeks times he will work, and where.

It's a self employment operation, sorting your own tax, etc.

It's said that we can pay double, or more, for a locum, especially when times are tough.

I'm not suggesting that they are bad, The last one I went to was the best in the practice (in my opinion) for the time he was there.

He put the customer first, paid attention to what was said, and worked to get a result. That is not always the experience.

Thing is, it's costing the NHS dearly.

We need more Doctors & payment for quality.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Re: A Locum (Loci?)

I don't like Locums, I like continuity and a Doctor who knows me.
It seems to me even more GPs services are going to be 'farmed out' in future.

I had a call from a really nice lady who told me from now on the company for which she works is taking over the asthma clinics. Those patients who can will be video called at home and a report will be sent to the duty GP (not your named GP strangely).

I also had a text message saying 'If you are due a blood test and yearly review for a chronic condition do not contact the surgery, we will contact you in due course with the arrangments' I wonder if that is being farmed out too.

I went to collect my meds from the surgery yesterday for the first time in 3 months and was shocked to find the car park empty and the usually bustling surgery deserted . Where are the Doctors where are the patients?
I queued outside to collect my prescription from a window, there is always a queue of about 10 people there was only one other person yesterday, it all felt very strange.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top