Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AJ53
New Member!
Wiltshire
AJ53 is male 

30-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Re: Voice of the 'nasty party'

Tax credit fraud is on a massive scale, in the last 10 years fraud has cost the taxpayer a stunning 17 billion according to figures. The whole system needs to be overhauled to protect the tax payer as well as genuine needy. Some say tax credits should be abolished altogether to stop encouraging scroungers and criminals.
While we are on the subject isn't it about time Child benefit was restricted to 2 or 3 children max to stop immigrants having large families and never working.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Mr Corbyn promised a new gentler politics...Clearly his message never got through to this Forum.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by AJ53 ->
Tax credit fraud is on a massive scale, in the last 10 years fraud has cost the taxpayer a stunning 17 billion according to figures. The whole system needs to be overhauled to protect the tax payer as well as genuine needy. Some say tax credits should be abolished altogether to stop encouraging scroungers and criminals.
While we are on the subject isn't it about time Child benefit was restricted to 2 or 3 children max to stop immigrants having large families and never working.
How would capping child benefit to 2-3 children make anyone work ? personally I would stop it at one and I seem to be on the left go figure

I would love to know how some here would manage to bring up their children at this time in history, many were extremely lucky and bought houses when they were cheap and just sat in them as they became hugely expensive cutting off anyone else's chance of ever getting a home.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Seems 58% of the population disagree with you.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2015/10/30...g-tax-credits/

Then there's this:

http://money.aol.co.uk/2015/10/30/wo...-credits-plan/
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:42 PM

I agree - I wouldn't give child benefit for the first child, either, they never used to. If you can't afford one child, you've no business having any.
Tough decisions have to be made after the last lot of numpties chucked money at anyone who passed by.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:50 PM

If the profile of the fraudster is to be believed, all of the fraudulent cash will have re-entered the system via taxation on Fags, Booze and Fuel.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:26 PM

I agree - I wouldn't give child benefit for the first child, either, they never used to. If you can't afford one child, you've no business having any.
Tough decisions have to be made after the last lot of numpties chucked money at anyone who passed by.
With that snide remark, I assume you mean the Labour Government? Last but one sunshine, the last lot of numpties were the Coalition.
As for the incumbents they are quite happily chucking money at their rich friends, have you not noticed?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:34 PM

The Labour party, yes, of course I meant them, after all they were last lot of numpties! Why on earth was that a snide remark? Oh, and I'm not your sunshine!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:11 AM

Lovely world where only rich people have children I guess if during the lifetime of the child if they fall on hard times they should have the children adopted out too, just so we can pay less tax
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:49 AM

Too much use of this "Rich people" tag. Just how rich is rich? Being able to afford a house, a car etc etc.. ? Oh, I vote Tory so I muct be rich and the government will give me loads of money! Utter cr@p.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top