Join for free
Page 545 of 1676 « First < 45 445 495 535 543 544 545 546 547 555 595 645 1045 1545 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I see Gummy is on plagiarism patrol again, he hates it when the author is not quoted, his beady eyes bulge out when he smells a rat, woe betide the offender.
Shakespeare was a chanser anyway, I mean how could he not have a hit with everything he wrote, there was nobody else writing plays at that time, he had the whole market all to himself, he could have written a play about three blind mice and it would have made number one, when you are the only theatre in town you can do as you please, for all we know he could have nicked half his works from a couple of starving attic writers, plagiarism wasn’t heard of then, so there!
You are quite right Jembo, the Plague was in 1665, Shakespeare died in 1616.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:49 PM

Umm....one hesitates to step forward,as one fully expects certain parties to instantly deride or lay into poor ickle moi....but,Jem,there was a playwrite of some note also 'doing the rounds' during Shakespeare's time...a chap Named Christopher Marlowe. Or Ben Jonson,if you prefer darker modes of writing-and even Thomas Dekker,although to be fair,he never reached the dizzy heights of enduring fame of people such as Thomas Middleton. [this doth be where ye doth look puzzled and sayeth "Who?"] {sorry,Jem}
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You are quite right Jembo, the Plague was in 1665, Shakespeare died in 1616.
My brother in law is a dentist Spitty, he entered the dentist of the year contest, he missed out on the cup, he came second and got the plaque.

I stand corrected Pug, so there were a couple of other writers around that time, but I’ll bet Willie was the Kings favourite and got all the breaks.
Didn’t male actors play all the female parts back then? I believe women were not allowed on stage.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:06 PM

Umm,it was actually Elizabeth 1,Jem,not a king,during 'oor Wullie's' time.
But yes,t'is true,no females were allowed on stages at the time.
....which means young Molly 'M's brass boobs would have remained beside the beach,as she sold sea shells on the sea shore. [The cockles and mussels for which she was famed had all been sold,y'see]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 08:07 PM

What a delightful change of tone and timbre in our latest literary discourse.
I took the part of Shylock in our school play, Merchant of Venice. My homage to Catatonia.
Contrary to perceived opinion Will was, if not a plagiarist, an inveterate magpie-like collector of the best bits of other's stories, legends and traditional material.

He didn't need to for he merely invented words when there wasnt one already in existence when needed. 1600 new words at the last count.

Oh, and he was born in 1564, along with Christopher Marlowe & Galileo Galilei,
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Umm....one hesitates to step forward,as one fully expects certain parties to instantly deride or lay into poor ickle moi....but,Jem,there was a playwrite of some note also 'doing the rounds' during Shakespeare's time...a chap Named Christopher Marlowe. Or Ben Jonson,if you prefer darker modes of writing-and even Thomas Dekker,although to be fair,he never reached the dizzy heights of enduring fame of people such as Thomas Middleton. [this doth be where ye doth look puzzled and sayeth "Who?"] {sorry,Jem}
Yea, lay off Pug, whoever you are..
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

13-03-2018, 08:24 PM

oh,dear,RJ ... SORRREEEE!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My brother in law is a dentist Spitty, he entered the dentist of the year contest, he missed out on the cup, he came second and got the plaque.

I stand corrected Pug, so there were a couple of other writers around that time, but I’ll bet Willie was the Kings favourite and got all the breaks.
Didn’t male actors play all the female parts back then? I believe women were not allowed on stage.
well they've been staging it up ever since?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Yea, lay off Pug, whoever you are..
he's an 'attention seeker' and would do well in a Willie play - might I suggest Bottom??

"willie he play won't he play - oh please take me to the ball - all around my hat I will wear the green willow O! or is that willie - oh balls to all of that!

I must admit my favourite Willum play is robin Hood - ah now I see why they called that fellow Little John - he had a little john!

Nb: excusay moi - it's five in the morn and I'm feeling a little light headed - keep still miss headed I can't find the light!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
What a delightful change of tone and timbre in our latest literary discourse.
I took the part of Shylock in our school play, Merchant of Venice. My homage to Catatonia.
Contrary to perceived opinion Will was, if not a plagiarist, an inveterate magpie-like collector of the best bits of other's stories, legends and traditional material.

He didn't need to for he merely invented words when there wasnt one already in existence when needed. 1600 new words at the last count.

Oh, and he was born in 1564, along with Christopher Marlowe & Galileo Galilei,
funny that being born along with?? - his mother must have got quite a shock - triplets in deed a will; marlowe and galileo all rolled into one - what a christening - weddings christenings and funerals are all such more fun - boozing; cruising and snoozing - I love chatting up all the wenches that have seemed to have grown out in all directions - and bottom pinching and fondling are one of the many sports. and having make up conversations with relatives that you can never quite put a face too!

yes they can bring families together and also rip them apart! I used to call them "pugsie parties" - no relationship with our current one of course - or as they say at the end of filums - all characters portrayed are fictitous and bear no relationship to the real thing!!

Page 545 of 1676 « First < 45 445 495 535 543 544 545 546 547 555 595 645 1045 1545 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top