Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Mine is an international family, my sister married a chap from Uruguay and my brother married a London jewish girl, my son married an Italian and my niece married an Australian.
Isn’t it strange how people from all parts can get along fine without politicians, them’s the ones who build up the ill will and cause all the wars, but first making sure they are all safe and sound when the bullets start flying, makes one wonder why we put up with them atall atall. (extra bit of blarney at the end there for Gummy)

I tried that Marmite stuff once, and once was enough for me.Yukky yuk yuk!

Speaking of trying something once, do you think it is wise to try something once, barring criminal activity of course. I always wanted to slid down a fireman’s pole, so a chap i knew in the local who was a fireman arranged it for me years ago, it was a four story building so the pole was nice and long, what a thrilling experience it was for me.

I hope you stopped in time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Jem, wouldn't it be ironic if the fake tanned Laundry Man turned out to be a "Shirt Lifter".
Who knows for sure Spitty, God knows what he got up to in that big van of his, he was one randy devil. I reckon he'd be in his late 90's if he's still above ground, hard enough for him to lift a cup of tea I'd say.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hope you stopped in time.
Ah it was great LD, I got two goes at it.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:22 PM

With you there,Jem. When I ran away from the last home and got onto a merchant ship at Wallsend,the bosun's name was Norman,an [to meat the time] elderly gent of quiet disposition and immense sea-skills. He taught me how to slide down rigging without getting burns,how to splice ropes,weave 'Turks Heads' & 'Monkeys Fists' into a rope's end,how to rig derricks,box a compass to 64 points and actually understand those points,PLUS he made sure I had a decent 'sea-knife' & boots, plus much many more things,of both seamanship and of standing tall and facing whatever is oncoming without flinching. I will eternally owe a LOT more than I can ever repay to Bosun Norman. May he be in fine fettle & happy,wherever he may be.

[is this where I mention that well-known Irish lad,Tubby Shaw?]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 02:57 PM

This film Gummy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 03:00 PM

atall atall
oh Jem when you say that I always tink ya sayin 'atoll atoll' - you know like in "oh look chaps there's another atoll over there - shall we row over and have a peeky?"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 07:21 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-09-2018, 08:17 PM

God rest Dave Allan, love his style.

Quote Spitfire.“Once Jem, a Pub was everything, it ain't now”

Truer words were never said Spitty.
Even the old “Hooleys” are gone now, folks would have a holley, a sort of party, every Saturday night. They would alternate between houses and there was always an excuse to hold one, any excuse.
They knew life was short back then and made the best of their time off work, the week at work was long and hard and they deserved all the craic they could muster up.

I just received this from my Son in Italy, got a laugh out of it.

Sophie just got married, and being a traditional Italian was still a virgin. On her wedding night, staying at her mother's house, she was nervous. But mother reassured her. "Don't worry, Sophie. Luca's a good man. Go upstairs, and he'll take care of you." So up she went. When she got upstairs, Luca took off his shirt and exposed his hairy chest. Sophie ran downstairs to her mother and says, "Mama, Mama, Luca's got a big hairy chest." "Don't worry, Sophie", says the mother, "All good men have hairy chests. Go upstairs. He'll take good care of you." So, up she went again. When she got up in the bedroom, Luca took off his pants exposing his hairy legs. Again Sophie ran downstairs to her mother. "Mama, Mama, Luca took off his pants, and he's got hairy legs!" "Don't worry. All good men have hairy legs. Luca's a good man. Go upstairs, and he'll take good care of you." So, up she went again. When she got up there, Luca took off his socks, and on his left foot he was missing three toes. When Sophie saw this, she ran downstairs. "Mama, Mama, Luca's got a foot and a half!" "Stay here and stir the pasta", says the mother. "This is a job for Mama!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
is he still alive??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:30 PM

Lets hope the first foot did not have athlete's on it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top