Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 11:59 AM

A Boat That Fits Under the Bed

Designers have unveiled a 'flat-pack boat' which they claim can go from a 'bag to the water in 60 seconds'.

The 'Quickboat', which is 3.7m long and 1.7m wide, can fit four adults but can also be packed down into two bags.

Its Australian makers claim, reassuringly, it is completely watertight despite being pulled out of a bag, and can travel over 'enclosed water' ie not the open sea at more than 20 knots with 9.8hp for a cost of £2,597.

It is also claimed the Quickboat can be hung on the wall, placed on a shelf or stored under the bed when it's not in use.

Anyone tempted?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/from-bag-to...1.html#9eFOkEd

(It reminds me of one of Victor Meldrew's rants about flatpacks when he said it wouldn't surprise him to turn up at the airport and be told that their plane was on runsay 3 in a flatpack and will be ready to depart once passengers have assembled it!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Re: A Boat That Fits Under the Bed

I don't think I would find a use for one but sounds like a good idea if you are likely to be flooded.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 05:01 PM

The boat might fit under the bed but where does the motor go - in the cupboard ?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 06:15 PM

My bed is no where near 3.7m long I always think a boat that goes together in 60 seconds , comes to bits quicker.
It doesn't look too stable unless going at speed.
I have given myself away, now you know I don't like water.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 12:04 PM

We're not a very adventurous bunch are we
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Sorry but I cant find the Football section so I am saying it here. Tonight England Scotland match and its all starting up again for the season,really miss The man whos name I cant remember his team is the one that has "Ime forever blowing bubbles " as their song.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top