Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Re: This Forum

I'm not surprised by that Autumn.
We give too much credit to a huge talent like himself, expecting them to be the great person we 'imagine' they are - whereas, they are just, very talented ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 06:24 PM

I've heard he's manic depressive (bi polar).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Yes - always felt he was withdrawn - family problems as well to contend with ..... a great talent for sure.
My favourite of all time is Brian Wilson, a depressive again, such emotional turmoil running through the life of him and yet music has sustained him ...
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 07:15 PM

Yes Patsy, Brian Wilson could be called another genius musically.
It's strange how the brain works.

Definitely a very talented songwriter. I heard the Wilson's father was very rotten to his sons which is a shame.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I saw Ray Davies when he came to a club in Toronto during his Storytelling Tour of North America. That was in October 1996. We stayed behind to hopefully talk to him with others that lagged behind too. He was 'ok' but when I shook his hand, it was very limp like he didn't care. I'll bet if I was 22 & blonde instead of a 33 year old, he would've been friendlier, ha ha! Don't meet your idols, they say.
Definitely one for my little black book of quotes
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-04-2014, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Yes Patsy, Brian Wilson could be called another genius musically.
It's strange how the brain works.

Definitely a very talented songwriter. I heard the Wilson's father was very rotten to his sons which is a shame.
Yes - his father was a control freak

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top