Join for free
Page 495 of 1676 « First < 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 995 1495 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
sweetie pie has PM'd me saying she is finding it difficult to follow a theme here - strange - I always thought this thread was one of the original theme parks??
Now theme parks, I can add to that.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
boo hoo to you RR

As I was going to widdicombe fair
I met this gay boy with long fur hur
He asked me which did I prefer?
And I replied”don’t really care”

Now if you had gone up on Ilkley Moor with your dripping butties, you would have non of that there temptation to contend with

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote Gumbud: “sweetie pie has PM'd me saying she is finding it difficult to follow a theme here - strange - I always thought this thread was one of the original theme parks?”

Sure hadn’t we got the Boat/ship theme last week? and a nice little opera theme for opera fans currently running, very useful tips on how not to cement yourself into a corner when flooring a patio by Spitty, then we had stars of the silver screen with a few shorts on farting inserted, all human life is here without a doubt.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:07 PM

I have learned something on this link.
I never knew they even excited back then.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusement_park
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:00 PM

Cheddar Man got excited about one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't only the Good die Young?
“The good die young” is a long standing lie dreamed up by some ancient Roman military commander as consolation to the relatives of all the young men killed in the Roman empire expansion campaign, or so a fella from Longford was telling me.

We have a few thyme pubs here in the city, one down by the Liffey and now gone was called “The Flowing Tide” very appropriate as the ships used to come and go on the Liffey when the tide was right.
It had bells and anchors all over the place, ropes for opening and closing the windows, pictures of famous ships hung on the walls, tables made from barrels and the head barman (he was bald) wore a captains hat. Sometimes if you went into the toilet when he came out you might find a captains log.
Then we had another pub that was called ‘Doyle’s” for a few hundred years when a new owner who was a fan of Sherlock Holmes took over and thymed it “Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s”. he had microscopes and magnifying glasses of every description behind the bar on shelves, deer stalker hats and capes, not to mention all the old photos hanging up, he even had a Moriarty room.
A pleasure garden to me would have two pubs that never closed (just in case one got barred from one) and cigarette trees all lined along the main pathway, who knows there might be a pleasure garden in heaven to suit everyones taste.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 12:19 AM

"heaven" is a pleasure garden supreme - the biggest and most lasting theme park in the whole wide universe!!

I'm in heaven ; oh it's heaven
and so happy that I can hardly speak
when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek [applies to persons of all genre - just choose which cheeks you prefer]

there are very few journalists these days that excite like Robert Fisk and Patrick Cockburn - they have lighting sharp vision and analysis that can remind us so frighteningly of the inhumanity of man [always men] towards the rest of us man ;woman and child.

this is one of Patrick Cockburns who writes for the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8214316.html
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Giving opinions on Oxfam, Haiti or anything these days is far too risky so I have 'uncoupled' myself from suchlike. (if Gwyneth Paltrow and now Donna Air can use that uncouple word so can I)

Since some money grabbing boardroom clever clogs latched on that women like men in Kilts therefore we must also love tartan, niche pubs have been the scourge of the drinker who just wants a bitter shandy without getting bitter over the price now charged for being surrounded by various multicoloured outlandish clan plaids.

I am in awe of those rebels who build their own back garden pubs where they can go, sit with family and friends, drink a decent brew and and play flip the beer mat for a penny a win all to their hearts content. And who knows, if they have been good, the wife may even throw in scampi in the basket as a treat.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:41 AM

that's why cockburn and fisk are leading the pack !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Cockburn? he sounds a Portly figure.

Page 495 of 1676 « First < 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 995 1495 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top