Join for free
Page 543 of 1676 « First < 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 1043 1543 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
RJ has arxed me to stand in-he didn't say stand in what-so here goze;

There was a young lady from Rhyll,
Who gave every fellow a thrill;
"She's marvellous" they cried
As they queued for a ride;
But weren't so happy when they got the bill.

Now,BEFORE yez all go bang;I've been busier than a really busy thing today.
Been for another run around rural lanes in Rich's traction engine,taken another mate for his chemo treatment,sorted out the hassle over a will between two warring factions [so much for sisterhood!]helped a nearby neighbour place support beams ready for his new snooker room's roof and fully serviced our local midwife's car...yes,honestly...and I'm not long home,knackered,a bit uneasy at how fragile Richard actually is-and it seems the runs with the traction engine may be his last...his cancer is MUCH more advanced and severe than he's been letting on....so I feel a bit horrible,ergo,that silly limerick,which was straight 'off the bat',so-to-speak.
So-cheer me up,possums [!] How goes the world with you lot???
I don't ferzckerly know what salt of the earth is, but you must have shedloads of the stuff.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I thought Eartha Kitt was a set of Gardening Tools.
I think Eartha is a very down to earth name, dust to dust, ashes to ashes and now it these broad minded times we can have Eartha to Eartha and nobody gives a sod.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Not so sure about the sod it bit. Remember that other ethnic singer Grace Jones. I think she was a women or something but whatever she was she was huge and she gave poor old Russel Harty a hefty slap on a live interview. All he did was show her his back so imagine what she would have done if she had been really miffed.

Does not bear thinking about..remembering what happened to Parky with that orrible emu thingy:
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 06:34 PM

Solo this is not great quality, but I found it.

Oh yes, a link for Pugsy Bear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpWo15Jc2JQ
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Thank you,Sugarpuff Bear. I watched that and thought "Self important,sulky,ill-mannered,bitchiness"....very much like watching sisters at war over a will. I'm now persona non grata,as I've proved the will was fake-NOT going into how I did that-so the sister responsible is badmouthing me as fast as her chins can wobble. Cor-when a woman isn't centre of attention,all Hell's let loose.When one IS,but not for reasons she likes,all Hell's let loose! How's a chap supposed to win?!?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:32 PM

R.I.P me old mucka and scouser mate Ken Dodd - we thought he would just go on for ever - but 90 wasn't too bad - sad he had to leave his missus behind though? - thought he might have finished goin out with a "Notebook" finale??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
R.I.P me old mucka and scouser mate Ken Dodd - we thought he would just go on for ever - but 90 wasn't too bad - sad he had to leave his missus behind though? - thought he might have finished goin out with a "Notebook" finale??
He was a family friend Gummy Bear.
He married only on Friday
I have photos going back to when my twins were small.
I have also been to his house in Knotty Ash.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Sad alright Gummy, to me he was a brilliant performer, very professional and I always got a laugh whenever I watched him, Rest in peace Ken.

Didn’t Grace Jones have a scrap with one of the James Bonds? I think it was Roger Moore, by God she was indeed a big woman, a very “Horsey” woman as me Granddad would say, never quite understood the connection with horses and big women though.
There used to be a lovely looking girl in our neighbourhood when we were kids, only thing was she was very tall, 6’ 1’’ at 16 years old, as you know kids can be very cruel and she was known as “Gianty” by all the other teenagers, she sort of became unreachable to us smaller sized lads, no one would dare ask her out.
She became one of the first police women over here in the 1960’s when the “Ban Garda” was set up, she rose high in the ranks (pardon the pun) and at the height of her career resigned and emigrated to New York where I believe she married another police officer, they started up a very successful personal security business looking after celebrities and V.I.P.’s
Up until the 70’s I think you had to be five foot ten inches or over to join the Garda here, the policy was to station the country guards in Dublin and the few Dublin city lads who joined were sent down the country, some of the guards were very hostile to city folks back then, but thankfully that has all changed, they are all average height now and somehow they all seem to be getting younger, why’s that I wonder?
I remember my first trip to London in the 1960’s, I was shocked at the sight of the ‘Tiny’ coppers compared to our own giants.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 11:22 PM

Did you "Thumb Up", and take into account, the size of the Helmet?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
He was a family friend Gummy Bear.
He married only on Friday
I have photos going back to when my twins were small.
I have also been to his house in Knotty Ash.
oeer do tell us some more SP?

Page 543 of 1676 « First < 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 1043 1543 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top