Join for free
Page 595 of 1676 « First < 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 1095 1595 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 03:31 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Ye gods that has put me right orf avin roobarb crumble tonight
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 03:52 PM

HA-GOTCHA!

solo is an avid...sorry...THE avid,devoted listener that Radio 3 boadcast to! SEE? it's all SOLO's fault!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
HA-GOTCHA!

solo is an avid...sorry...THE avid,devoted listener that Radio 3 boadcast to! SEE? it's all SOLO's fault!

As Jems good lady will verify, making a good rhubarb crumble takes skill and we ladies have our own secret ingredient to make it that bit special, so being 'put orf' is no laughing matter.

I was just ready to pour the port into the mix (that's a secret so keep it quiet) but after reading your Mongolian roobarby thingy I had to drink that port instead which made me unable to see the dial to tune into Radio 3.

I declare the fault lies with you .
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Ah. Bloody typical.

JUST when you're winning the argument,a woman starts using LOGIC!

Now,look,solo;just this once,I'm prepared to let you think you've won.

However-do NOT think that means a manchap geezer is wrong.

It merely means ANY bloke knows arguing with a female is a waste of time.

So.....yes,dear.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 05:27 PM

What I want to now is, where have all my tadpoles gone?

There is a large pond in our jardin, and every year since I bought the place over thirty years go, frogs have visited and procreated, producing galleons of frogspawn, followed a few weeks later by toads doing the same.
Every year the frog and toad spawn has produced tadpoles, followed eventually by tiny ickle frogs and toads.

We used to get visits from newts and sloworms, and even migrating eels, but alas they stopped coming a few decades ago for no reason I can think of other than the ever expanding urban sprawl.

This year, for the first time since I bough Fruitcake Folly, there have been no tadpoles. Plenty of frogspawn, (but strangely no toadspawn) but it seemed to varnish overnight leaving not a trace of the little critters.

Where has it gone. Has some school board decided to save money by skimming neighbourhood ponds for frogspawn to serve at mealtimes as we used to have in days of yore, and mine?

Have the local foxes and badgers been eating it? Is it a result of Brexit, or global warming? I have no idea.

Answers please on a postcard.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:06 PM

When any frogs go missing over here they can usually be found in Croke Park.
Pug knows all about the wildlife Fruity, he might know.

Thank you for your concern lads but there's no chance of the wife battering me, beneath it all she still loves me, she know me well and likes the bit of craic, she's a far better slagger than me I can tell you.

Anyway what’s wrong with having big feet or small feet?, I have small feet, size 7 in a shoe, that’s considered small for a man. I’m sure there are fellas out there who go for little women with big feet and big women with little feet, others like long skinny necks on the women, and some prefer the fat triple chinned look, it takes all sorts of strange people to make a world.
Who remembers Pansy Potter from the Dandy comic? don’t know how she came into my mind.
Believe it or not this is a girl “Pansy Potter the Strong Man’s Daughter”
Note the Christmas presents, imagine trying to pan them off to todays kids.

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Size 7? I shall be calling you Big Foot then. My feets are size 38 or 5 1/2 in old money.

If they were any smaller I would fall over in a breeze. The advantage is I can buy kids shooze and save on the VaT.

As for the girl in the cartoon, she looks very simliar to Dennis the Mennis. I wonder if the illustrator could only draw one basic character.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
What I want to now is, where have all my tadpoles gone?

There is a large pond in our jardin, and every year since I bought the place over thirty years go, frogs have visited and procreated, producing galleons of frogspawn, followed a few weeks later by toads doing the same.
Every year the frog and toad spawn has produced tadpoles, followed eventually by tiny ickle frogs and toads.

We used to get visits from newts and sloworms, and even migrating eels, but alas they stopped coming a few decades ago for no reason I can think of other than the ever expanding urban sprawl.

This year, for the first time since I bough Fruitcake Folly, there have been no tadpoles. Plenty of frogspawn, (but strangely no toadspawn) but it seemed to varnish overnight leaving not a trace of the little critters.

Where has it gone. Has some school board decided to save money by skimming neighbourhood ponds for frogspawn to serve at mealtimes as we used to have in days of yore, and mine?

Have the local foxes and badgers been eating it? Is it a result of Brexit, or global warming? I have no idea.

Answers please on a postcard.
chemicals in the air and the water - we are spraying ourselves into non existence!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:00 PM

yes tadpole collecting [in the wild but not nude] was a daring and exciting time of youth - then nurturing them [cornflakes and brown sugar optional] and watching them transform into frogs - we all felt like magicians - well my sister didn't cos we wouldn't let her join in - she always wanted to put them in a pie and cook em!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:06 PM

I am drunk at my bar.

Page 595 of 1676 « First < 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 1095 1595 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top