Join for free
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 05:39 PM

Pianoforte ?

Did you receive piano lessons when young? None for me, but my father had very strict lessons, and as a result he played very well. Put any MS in front of him, and he would play almost without fault. However, he was a stylish play-by- ear man. He would play by ear Scott Joplin and an even better Charlie Kunz.

Me ? Clarinet and violin lessons at grammar school.....not much good either!

And you?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 05:51 PM

Re: Pianoforte ?

I posted in another thread lately that l had piano lessons when l was young. They were 2/- per lesson and the piano tutor used to punch me in the back when l got a note wrong!

I wonder if he’s still alive and l’ll get the police to prosecute him for cruelty to a minor?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:03 PM

My sisters had lessons, but not me. I am tone deaf, and dislike music.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:27 PM

I play by ear. I can hear a piece and create a bass line for it. I can read chord charts and I could probably struggle through reading music if I had to.

With rock, it is not that difficult to play by ear. It's mostly fairly simple and straightforward.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:44 PM

No i didn't but my daughter always wanted to , so she bought an old School Piano and sent her eldest Son to do lessons , he didn't take to it ,.She still has the piano in the dining room ,perhaps one day when she has time she will have lessons .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Our daughters are very musical and play instruments. A good number of years ago our eldest girl once played her trumpet with the Castleton Brass Band when doing her theological training in that neck of the woods.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:30 PM

I had a recorder & a ukelele, wasn't any good at either. So they didn't last long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:05 AM

We had to play a recorder at school too, Tiff.

I've always liked piano music though, and although we had one when I was a kid, I wish I had learnt to play it properly now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:19 AM

I had piano lessons as a child and used to have a piano I sold it 20 years ago .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:01 AM

My sister had lessons but not me. She could play the piano accordion as well. I took up the clarinet after hearing 'Stranger On The Shore' by Acker Bilk. Later, the saxophone and guitar.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top