Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Re: All things Astronomical

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi DWebb. Thank you for the link. I have quickly tried it out and have now bookmarked it for future use.
No Problem

I would much prefer if people call me Colin on here rather than the DWebb....that was a silly random name I registered with not thinking I would be hanging around.....doh!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Cheers Colin, i have bookmarked it as well.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
This site's not bad either, concentrates on the planets in the solar system and doesn't confuse matters with the stars.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/uk/london

You can set it for your location.
Thank you Nicol. I have bookmarked your site as well.
Thanks
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
No Problem

I would much prefer if people call me Colin on here rather than the DWebb....that was a silly random name I registered with not thinking I would be hanging around.....doh!
No problem Dave.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Thanks Colin, I have bookmarked your link
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No problem Dave.

Plonker
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:22 AM

I have an app on my iPad called ‘SkyView’.
You just point the camera at any object in the sky and it will identify it. It shows the planets, constellations in adjustable detail. And also shows the position of the space station and the Hubble telescope.
Even in broad daylight, it will still show the stars and planets currant positions.
It also works on phones and Android devices.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
I have an app on my iPad called ‘SkyView’.
You just point the camera at any object in the sky and it will identify it. It shows the planets, constellations in adjustable detail. And also shows the position of the space station and the Hubble telescope.
Even in broad daylight, it will still show the stars and planets currant positions.
It also works on phones and Android devices.
I think I may have seen Skyview or something similar where you can attach your mobile with the app to a telescope so it can guide you to what you are looking at.

I would like to get an astronomical telescope but they seem to be expensive to buy. Really I would like to take photos as well but that makes it even more expensive.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:41 PM

I bought my daughter an astronomical reflecting telescope at her request, several Christmases ago. To my knowledge she’s never ever used it. We live in a perfect place for astronomy. Right on the edge of the hlghlands. I’m still waiting to see my first aurora borealis!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:22 PM

I also bought a reasonable telescope but have hardly used it. It is so big and bulky and tbh, the view you get is hardly worth the effort.

Why is it, If I look at Mars for instance with the naked eye, it appears to be approx 1mm diameter for the sake of argument. If I look through my binoculars, which are x20 times mag, it still looks 1mm diameter?

No I am not holding them back to front.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top