Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: In-Car Entertainment

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Currently in my CD player is Boston's third stage album which I burned from a download.
Nice to see mate A great driving rock album for summer
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Today for a mix up I had ABBA, Meatloaf and Queen
Missy, you're a Dead Ringer for a Dancing Queen!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What is your music of choice while you drive?
What are you currently listening to in your car?

You can note your music on here daily or whenever

At the moment I'm listening to a self-compiled MP3 CD of 52 tracks by Genesis, mostly the later 'Phil Collins-sung' years.
Silvan Zingg.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Depends when and where I'm driving. A bit of Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles, something low-key to take the stress out of motorway driving. Something like Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene on nice steady drives on A and B roads and then the occasional blast of Deep Purple to blow out the cobwebs. Listening to the intro of Highway Star while whipping down the slip road on to a motorway is fantastic. As the tune speeds up, so do I.

Here it is.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Silvan Zingg.
Who?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:58 PM

Currently in my car are Bob Dylan, Amy Winehouse, Neil Diamond, Carole King, Diana Krall and Brahms!
They all get along just fine!
They have to take turns
Tomorrow I shall add Genesis to the mix, thanks for reminding me!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Currently in my car are Bob Dylan, Amy Winehouse, Neil Diamond, Carole King, Diana Krall and Brahms!
They all get along just fine!
They have to take turns
Tomorrow I shall add Genesis to the mix, thanks for reminding me!
Genesis' 1980 album "Duke" is stunning, Ruthio, if you like a particular album for driving to
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:28 PM

We (my daughter & I) are both great fans of Enigma. We have all of their albums which get played frequently in the car.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 01:33 AM

We listen to the news station.NOT MY idea of fun but we do learn lots of stuff like the grain yield in NSW and the weather in Wagga Wagga ,etc...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Mainly classical on Classic FM. I used to get into trouble while working for Royal Mail. After a hectic morning delivering on foot, I would return to the office in one of the vans. I inevitably ran into a traffic jam in the centre of Pontefract.
So I tuned the radio to Classic FM and how soothing is classical music when all the world around you is going mad...

Problem was; The next postperson to take out the van had to retune the radio to some headbanging stuff and would return to the office moaning.......

But anything by Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells being my all time favourite) Mark Knopfler, Fleetwood Mac, Thin Lizzy, Boston, Eagles, The Royal Philharmonic playing 'Hooked on Classics' or The Beatles......The list is endless....
Oh......and anything by Rick Wakeman...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top