Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:43 AM

Do you have a favourite choice of Hoover .

Mine is the cordless Dyson ,I only just bought it recently,I didn't realise how much easier and quicker it is to use,than one with a lead.

How about you,what is your favourite Hoover and why?

Some hovers cost over £1,000,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Re: Do you have a favourite choice of Hoover .

I bought a Dyson when they first came out, loved it what a suction. I felt it was actually what a hoover should be. Have had several over the years and now have the Ball Joint one, it's a great wee worker too, but takes a wee bit of getting used to.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I bought a Dyson when they first came out, loved it what a suction. I felt it was actually what a hoover should be. Have had several over the years and now have the Ball Joint one, it's a great wee worker too, but takes a wee bit of getting used to.

High Roxy,when you say ,ball joint,do you mean the one with the ball?...I had one of those,I gave it to my son last night,best Hoover I ever bought,had it over 8 yrs,still works well.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:51 AM

We are actually a two Dyson household! A small cordless one and a huge powerful corded one. Mainly because we live in a large sprawling flat. The cordless comes out for minor jobs. But the ‘biggy’ is essential for the major housework. Particularly with two dogs!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
High Roxy,when you say ,ball joint,do you mean the one with the ball?...I had one of those,I gave it to my son last night,best Hoover I ever bought,had it over 8 yrs,still works well.
Yes that's the one, I had a bit of a job with it at first. So used to pulling the hoover back and this one doesn't need to do that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:54 AM

I bought a 'shark' in February last year (before I was diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia). Its motor is so powerful, that when I first tried it, the suction took up the carpet pile, and try as I might, I wasn't able to push it. Had to switch off, push it forward whilst switching back on again all at once.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:57 AM

Another 2 Dyson house here a small ball vacuum and a 'stick ' . Between them they cover most cleaning equirements.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-08-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I bought a 'shark' in February last year (before I was diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia). Its motor is so powerful, that when I first tried it, the suction took up the carpet pile, and try as I might, I wasn't able to push it. Had to switch off, push it forward whilst switching back on again all at once.
To be honest UJ,the shark has great reviews,I have a trigger handheld Dyson ,but I need an upright one as well,I am seriously thinking about buying a shark,now you have made me think about it more.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Another 2 Dyson house here a small ball vacuum and a 'stick ' . Between them they cover most cleaning equirements.

How would you rate the Dyson stick,out of ten,Meg?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Bought one of these last year. It's a bit heavy when doing the stairs but otherwise a great little Hoover:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top