Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Re: Scotland, England and the EU

Of course We would still be a part of the British Isles...but just not part of a United Kingdom...Whether We would be called British is another question which I don't know the answer to.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Of course We would still be a part of the British Isles...but just not part of a United Kingdom...Whether We would be called British is another question which I don't know the answer to.

So in other words you want The Barnett formula
(33 billion pounds every year) English money,

and have your cake and eat it...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
So in other words you want The Barnett formula
(33 billion pounds every year) English money,

and have your cake and eat it...
You'd have to ask the Scottish & UK Governments about that.

And DO please try and show less hate/aggression on this thread than You have in the past...there's a good Chap.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Typical scots can dish it but can't take it, thin skins I would say.

And where is the aggression in a statement of fact.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-08-2018, 06:31 PM

The aggression is on the post You've just made,

Nothing to do with thin skins...everything to do with not allowing a troll like You to bother Me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Some of Us Scots don't want to be WITHOUT England..We just want to be out from under the jackboot (a word used a lot on here about the EU)which is Westminsters rule,I also feel when the Scots who voted to remain in the Union four years ago,will be thinking twice now They can see what a balls up this Tory government are making of Brexit...
May I ask why you would rather be ruled from Brussels rather than Westminster? Is it just an anti-English sentiment? At least in the Scottish devolved parliament you have some say in your own affairs. If Scotland decided to leave the Union after another referendum, you wouldn't have any say at all if you wanted to rejoin the EU as an independent country, you would be bound by all of their rules and regulations and be forced to join the Euro as a condition of joining.

Maybe better the devil you know?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-08-2018, 07:52 PM

I wish I could answer all Your question Judd,but I'm not a Politician and I can't profess to Know all the whys and wherefores.....Firstly,what makes You think the People of Scotland are all anti English? We're not at all..and Yes,We do have SOME say in Our Own affairs,but most Scot's Nat's want to have a FULL say in Our Own affairs....secondly..there are a great deal of Scots Nat's who voted OUT of the EU..there are also a great deal of Folk who voted for the SNP who DON'T want an independent Scotland...a puzzle isn't it ...as for better the devil You know...well...I suppose I could say the same about those of You who voted to leave the EU couldn't I?

Now I shall leave all those hard questions for Weedeek to answer as I'm sure He's better at it than Me
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 09:41 PM

...and you just lost the argument right there! What’s this I see, “Independence Day 2016”, that explains it. Have a nice glass of cider and calm down. Toddle pip old fruit!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
May I ask why you would rather be ruled from Brussels rather than Westminster? Is it just an anti-English sentiment? At least in the Scottish devolved parliament you have some say in your own affairs. If Scotland decided to leave the Union after another referendum, you wouldn't have any say at all if you wanted to rejoin the EU as an independent country, you would be bound by all of their rules and regulations and be forced to join the Euro as a condition of joining.

Maybe better the devil you know?
You could argue all this till the cows get home and get no further than slagging each other off. I think May, Roxy and I have been quite clear that we are not anti-English and have been careful to use non confrontational language.
To repeat, this is about self determination, if Scotland were independent, it would be up to us alone to decide whether to join the EU or not, as it stands, we have very little (none even) say in the matter.
Come to think of it, it may be easier to spend a Euro than a Scottish banknote in some parts of England.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 10:13 PM

I have no intention of answering their spite and aggression Weedeek. It says far more about them than me. And it does my BP no good whatsoever.
They can shout, swear, jump up and down, do what the hell they please, but it won't change my opinion one bit.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top