Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:41 PM

`New look` Windows.

After the most recent update to my Windows 7 system yesterday), the whole look of my Windows has been changed. Gone is the circular `Start` button in favour of the traditional rectangle, and the tool-bar at the bottom has been given a 3D affect. Programs have also been affected by this new look. Anyone else noticed this?

Personally, I like the new look and my computer seems to be running smoother and faster.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Re: `New look` Windows.

Sorry Judd, couldn't tell you, i'm on Windows 10.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Sorry Judd, couldn't tell you, i'm on Windows 10.
Nobody's perfect.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 03:27 PM

there are ways to make a computer run faster anyway in windows 10.

I have a program called "system Mechanic"
Now I know what is going to be said ,"it is another fix it type "programs that promise all and gives nothing.

I have had it since version5 with free updates to the latest version18. I don't care what other say, for me it has sorted out many problems on my computers past and present

Just checked, I thought the trash can had everything removed but this program has found hidden data still remaining. 224.79 MB to be exact that I thought had been removed and7.89MB in memory dump

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
After the most recent update to my Windows 7 system yesterday
You're crazy !

Why would you let Microsoft anywhere near your computer now that they are going hell for leather to get everyone to Win 10??!

We've already seen the underhand methods they were prepared to use to get people switched over. Slipping a pretty manevolent update programme in with the regular Windows Updates which once downloaded was a royal pain in the ass for most people to get rid of.

There's abolsutely no doubt in my mind that if you continue to accept updates Microsoft will eventually throw something down the line to your computer that will either force it to go to Win 10 or which will see it conveniently go kaput.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Just gone onto my laptop and updates are up to date, but no obvious changes here yet....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just gone onto my laptop and updates are up to date, but no obvious changes here yet....

Same here, Barry.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

01-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You're crazy !

Why would you let Microsoft anywhere near your computer now that they are going hell for leather to get everyone to Win 10??!

We've already seen the underhand methods they were prepared to use to get people switched over. Slipping a pretty manevolent update programme in with the regular Windows Updates which once downloaded was a royal pain in the ass for most people to get rid of.

There's abolsutely no doubt in my mind that if you continue to accept updates Microsoft will eventually throw something down the line to your computer that will either force it to go to Win 10 or which will see it conveniently go kaput.

Dinnae fash yersel, I always check what the updates are for before I let them loose anywhere near my PC by checking on the `AskWoody` website first. He gives valuable info on the latest updates.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:14 PM

I'm on 7 but never update.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Me too Longy ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top