Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Dishwasher

I suppose this could go into general chat because its not a plea for help,or though marriage guidance may be needed.

So after 35 yrs of marriage swmbo decide its time for a dishwasher, I didn't tell her she was one honest!
Why after this time did she want one, keeping up with the jone's is what, or in this case,the youngest daughter who having bought her first house has one in her kitchen.

Any how she bought a slimline integrated one, myself I'm the one who had to adapt a cupboard,run a electric cable to it, plumb it in.Took a day and a half,not as young as I was but hey oh such is life.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Re: Dishwasher

A dishwasher is by far the most important domestic appliance in my opinion, but then I'm biased: I do the dishes.

We had our kitchen done out several months ago and that included a new dishwasher. We went for an AEG model, as the supplier had a deal with AEG to provide a 5-year guarantee.

Unfortunately, it isn't anything like as good as our old Smeg (what an unfortunate name!) model, despite that being really quite old.

I'd avoid AEG in future. It used to have a good name, but I have discovered that it was taken over by Electrolux and I haven't heard any particularly good reports about them.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:34 PM

Im surprised its taken so long for SWMBO to get one

Ive a slimeline, before that I had a counter top one, and even though I don't put the pans through, to get the dishes and glasses spotless is fantastic
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:47 PM

I've never really thought about getting one. I don't see the point as you have to fill it and empty it and to me its much easier to stick them in the sink and stick them on the drainer. Anyway, I've got a human one called 'Hubby' He's a good 'un is my hubby, saves my lovely hands getting ruined he does
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've never really thought about getting one. I don't see the point as you have to fill it and empty it and to me its much easier to stick them in the sink and stick them on the drainer.
Sorry to disillusion you, Lioness, but you can't just stick things in the sink and then put them on the drainer. You have to wash them too, and that involves lots of soap, water and hard work. In addition, apparently, it makes your hands all rough.

Which is why I insist on a dishwasher.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:57 PM

We’ve had our slimline for a year now, what a difference it makes, our kitchen is tiny, so there was never anywhere to put one, I had to take out our double sink cupboard and replace it with a single so we could fit the dishwasher in, I too had to plumb it in but it’s sooo much easier to just stick stuff in the Dw especially after a Sunday lunch or at Christmas, I don’t know how we managed without one for so long
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Gawd Id hate to go back to washing all the dishes.

With open plan living, eating, rinsing and dishwasher on, life is easy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry to disillusion you, Lioness, but you can't just stick things in the sink and then put them on the drainer. You have to wash them too, and that involves lots of soap, water and hard work. In addition, apparently, it makes your hands all rough.

Which is why I insist on a dishwasher.
Really? See I didn't even know you have to do that
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Never realised so many people had one ...
It's the one appliance I'd never waste money on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Really? See I didn't even know you have to do that
Yes, we live and learn.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top