Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:18 PM

Train Travel

And people in Britain complain that they can't sit down during their journey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG-meaGqg-M

No wonder so many of them ride bikes
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 04:36 PM

Re: Train Travel

Just like any one of half-dozen London Termini in the rush-hour. I remember riding on the underground, carrying a suitcase and my feet weren't touching the ground. The doors opened, everyone disembarked and I was out of the train, across the platform and half-way up the staircase before my feet touched the ground.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just like any one of half-dozen London Termini in the rush-hour. I remember riding on the underground, carrying a suitcase and my feet weren't touching the ground. The doors opened, everyone disembarked and I was out of the train, across the platform and half-way up the staircase before my feet touched the ground.
That is really disconcerting isn't it. My husband and I spent New Year in London once and went off to some bridge or other to watch the firworks at midnight - never again! After it was over, the crowd surged and I was also lifted off my feet and carried along and no amount of wriggling to get free of them helped, it was only when the crowd diverged that I could stand again and go in the right direction!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 04:52 PM

India have crowded trains, but no health and safety.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top