Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Re: Tripadvisor reviews

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ania could it have been removed for legal reasons in this instance because there was a damages claim pending?
Adverse comments are not usually removed are they?
Maybe try Googling the name of the town /hotel/ stair collapse to see if you can find any news details.
Yes, Meg, I wondered that. Will see if I can find out more.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 04:03 PM

I have never used trip advisor but used to belong to a campsite review group, members had to say what their family group was and what they wanted out of a site as well as reviewing sites so if they wanted peace and quiet and had mistakenly gone to an all singing all dancing site even if they gave it a bad review everyone knew why they felt like they did about it. Seemed to make sense to me to do it that way.
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Hello, my view is that if a review is over two yrs old it is no longer relevant. Does anyone miss Saga Zone holiday topics? I used this a lot in making decisions on hols with Saga. Now I don't bother going onto the Saga Holiday site. I do check Tripadvisor & use the good & the bad reviews to make my decisions now on holiday destination hotels.
steveross
New Member!
norwich uk
steveross is male 

04-08-2013, 08:54 PM

I always use Trip Advisor, I probably rely on it too much. A few months ago I stayed in a Hotel ( not my choice, long story ) with some of the worst reviews I have ever read, guess what, it was absolutely fine!
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by chris ->
Hello, my view is that if a review is over two yrs old it is no longer relevant. Does anyone miss Saga Zone holiday topics? I used this a lot in making decisions on hols with Saga. Now I don't bother going onto the Saga Holiday site. I do check Tripadvisor & use the good & the bad reviews to make my decisions now on holiday destination hotels.
Yes, Chris, I also miss the Saggyzone holidays threads, there were such a variety covering every type of holiday imaginable.

I've used Tripadvisor quite often, awarding bouquets as well as brickbats. I hope that the owners of the facilities reviewed check up on bad repots and act accordingly. For example, I recently gave a bad review to a certain hotel in the Azores, among my complaints was that we were all kept awake by traffic noises and the local dogs! If the owners had any sense they should have installed double glazing by now.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 08:21 AM

I look at it but am cautious about believing all the reviews for the reasons stated by others and also I generally find that a lot of Americans are much more critical than Brits. That's probably because American hotels tend to be bigger and better and cheaper than European ones or Australian ones.

I guess too that they aren't as ready to put up with the very old plumbing you tend to get in Europe! I've read reviews of the same hotel that range from one star to five and comments that range from dreadful to great for the same rooms. Some people are harder to please than others!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top