Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 11:23 PM

Florida 2013 - Disneyworld

Hollywood Studios

Studio backlot tour in an area called Catastrophe Canyon.

The tram we were on stops suddenly as an 'earthquake' shakes the tram and caused the fuel truck to explode sending a ball of fire into the air. A flood of water then comes rushing down from the canyon and from above the tram. The 'earthquake' subsides and the water stops.

All exciting stuff which felt almost real, the tram we were on shaking, the heat of the fire from the exploded fuel truck ... and definitely us getting soaked from the rushing water!

The New York facade on the Streets of America looks fantastic and very realistic...

Hollywood Tower of Terror

Your elevator free falls down an abandoned shaft then unexpectedly changes direction and launches back up the 199 feet hotel for another drop! You are literally lifted out of your seat by the force of gravity ..... not for the faint hearted as my SIL will tell you!

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth (the Globe)

"Living with the Land"

This was one of the most interesting rides. Guests board a boat which enters the tropics greenhouse where you will see rice, sugar cane, cacao and bananas growing; the temperate greenhouse featuring sustainable agriculture including a 9lb lemon! and the creative greenhouse featuring plants grown using aeroponics...

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:03 AM

Re: Florida 2013 - Disneyworld

Feel like I'm there - could smell the Hollywood air !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:57 PM

Hmmmm - a help-yourself free supermarket - looks good to me Mags darlin'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 02:36 PM

Lovely pictures Mags my Brother took my niece there years ago , he liked the Epcot Centre best.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 10:29 PM

So envious Mags - I would love to see all of that!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Great pics. Another 90 days, and I'll be there.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 05:21 PM

I went to EPCOT with my friend who lived in Florida. (She stopped writing when she got married.) I loved it. We went into the English pub and I found a family who lived only a few miles from me. Andra got bored cos I spent time talking to them!

I so wish there was a travel company which would take singletons to these US theme parks.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I so wish there was a travel company which would take singletons to these US theme parks.

I have to ask, is there a reason why you need a travel company? You can easily book a flight and hotel for yourself (I assume single occupancy charges may apply). If you can't get into Disney resorts, there are plenty of hotels in the area which I'm sure could cater for the single person. I say this, because I have read many Disney fan forums where single people have gone to WDW and had a great time.

Personally, going single would be unthinkable to me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 08:01 PM

I am single through circumstances, not choice. Never found someone to marry me, and friends all have their partners so...I holiday alone.

Now years ago I went to America by myself, with a tour company, and to stay with friends (so I've been 4 times). In California I had the tour comapny take me to Disneyland, and in Florida I had my friend take me to WDW and EPCOT. On the first trip I flew to New York, took the Greyhound bus around Canada and ended up in Boston to be near a friend. I then went back to that friend some years later, stayed in her home, and then went down to Florida to the other friend (stayed there twice, too).

Roll forward several decades and I really don't think I'd like to travel to the US to visit these theme parks alone. I certainly wouldn't want to drive on their roads, hiring a car. I may go next year, back to my friend in Mass. but I will be with her all the time.

I have no choice but to holiday on my own. I don't have anyone to go with!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top