Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is possible to be happy, without venturing more than 10 miles from entering stage left, or right, from the entry point. Take up thy package and walk.
That’s perfectly alright Spitty, as long as you don’t take up somebody else’s package and run.

Zorba the Greek how are yeh, what about Sponge Bob? Absorba the Geek.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:01 PM

What about the million collar man eh?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:02 PM

On Sunday I popped into the local on me way back from walking the dog. It was lashing rain and cold outside and I was enjoying a pint when one of the regular old lads says to me “Jem I think we are going to have an Indian Summer when all this cold and rain is done with” He says the same thing every year and he’s never right.
Another one he uses is “Red sky at night, Sailors delight” what exactly has a Sailors delight (whatever his delight is) got to do with the weather?
Speaking of Sailors, back in the 50’s/60’s Sailors from many different nations used to dock in Dublin Port, courtesy visits I think they were called, Russians, Americans, Germans, French, etc.,
One girl in our area was known as “UN Rosie”, everyone knew she was ‘on the game’, the UN stood for United Nations, she was a real stunner, I suppose she would be a Sailors delight and she was always seen in town hanging out of a Sailors arm.
As she got older her good looks began to fade and her figure spaced out, she became more settled and eventually got married at 50 to a retired boxer, he died about ten years ago, he was always mad about her right up to the end, it never bothered him what her past was like. She’s in her 80’s now and still gets out every lunchtime for her two pints.

Rosie my darling, the light of my life
How lucky I am that you are my wife
T’wasn’t easy to get you, I had to fight
For when you were once the Sailors delight.

A true case of forgiveness and lasting love, as Jackie Gleeson used to say "How sweet it is"
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Ah,Jem;if I may?
'Red sky at night' invariably means the setting sun is,as it lowers toward the horizon,shining through dust particles in the lower atmospere. THIS,in turn,means the air pressure is high,usually blowing lightly from the West [due to the rotational direction of this planet] and thus,settled,fair weather will be in place.

[sorry if that made you yawn,Jem...just attempting to explain,old chap]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Oh....he's gone.

Am I really THAT boring?!?!?!?!?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:37 PM

yawn once ; yawn twice ; yawn thrice - could you repeat that story Pug? - I'm nearly asleep better than counting sheep!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-09-2018, 02:44 PM

I SAID,YOU DORK-AND LISTEN,THIS TIME;

blah blah blah blah yakkity yakkity blah drone drone blah...and as it fell into the fire,MY how we chuckled....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Who is boring?
We don't want any holes.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-09-2018, 04:04 PM

M!

I'M boring.

I'm MUCH more boring than HE is!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-09-2018, 04:08 PM

I'm flimsy.
I need to find something interesting to post.
I need some inspiration.
Where is Young Robert?
Tell me a story please. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top