Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 06:19 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
looks a bit untidy to me??
You cheeky devil!

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Hello Scribblers, been to the Large Model Association static display at the British Motor Heritage Museum today, don't seem a year since last there, Its normally £14.00 entry fee, but because we are members of the BMFA, it cost just £6.00 each, and you get access to the whole of the Museum, well worth a visit.
Glad you had a lovely day Spitty.
Any pics?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 07:14 PM

Sounds like a good day out Spitty, I would enjoy that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 07:23 PM

looks a bit untidy to me?? (Quote Gumbud)

Agreed and thank you for the compliment Gummy.
Of course it’s untidy, it’s a shed! and a man’s shed at that, I wouldn’t have it any other way, that’s the part where I work, the rest of it is piled with junk especially where I do the polishing. A clean tidy shed is an unproductive shed, it's a case of the end result justifies the means. You’d want to see some of the “Workshops” I worked in over the years, and all owned by wealthy people.
The leather skin hanging under the bench is to collect the ‘Lemel’ which means the filings of precious metals, when I’ve collected the equivalent of a jam jar full of these filings I parcel them up securely and send them off by registered post to Hatton Garden where they are refined and I receive a decent cheque for the extracted contents, a nice little side earner.
I visited the refinery back in the 1980’s, a fascinating process and all done with various acids.

I wonder how RJ is doing, I hope he's OK.

I still can’t get over the marvels of the Limpet. Would you believe the little fella has teeth on a conveyor belt system? when one set wears out another set just slot in! His body is making teeth all the time so he never goes gummy, wouldn’t it be great if genetic engineering could harness that trick for humans?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Sounds like a good day out Spitty, I would enjoy that.
I was talking to one of the curators and he said, the museum is given the first and last of the production runs of Rover and Jaguar models, but, they have to pay £1.00 for them, to avoid some sort of taxation. Also, they always acquire the most highly specified models, so that future restorers have a complete reference point, rather than just photos etc.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You cheeky devil!

Glad you had a lovely day Spitty.
Any pics?
I have a short video, of the less populated area, I don't like poncing about with a camera in highly populated areas, it may make folk feel uncomfortable.
There was a warning on the way in that some sort of commercial video was being made, don't know if it was for the tele.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have a short video, of the less populated area, I don't like poncing about with a camera in highly populated areas, it may make folk feel uncomfortable.
There was a warning on the way in that some sort of commercial video was being made, don't know if it was for the tele.
Oh, it might be.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

28-10-2018, 10:07 PM

For Gummy Bear.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

28-10-2018, 10:07 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

28-10-2018, 11:47 PM

Good Night Possums. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
wow wow and wow again - that was magic SP - not a tear left in the house - what a loss to the music world xx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top