Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 04:08 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
still worried about the EU heh?
Here's what it failed on

Position lamp not working nearside (I've fitted a new bulb)
Anti-roll bar pin or bush excessively worn Nearside Rear
Anti-roll bar pin or bush excessively worn Offside Rear
Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn Nearside Front
Brake pipe excessively corroded Offside Rear
Sub-frame pin or bush excessively worn rear
Exhaust emissions exceed level of metered smoke for a turbo charged engine

The Anti-roll bar stuff is cheap, and a quick fix, the Sub-frame bush, and the brake pipe is a bit more involved, the emissions are the unknown quantity, I've bought some additive which I will put in the tank, the car then has to be run up to temperature, then driven at high revs, hopefully this will lower the emissions sufficiently.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Here's what it failed on

Position lamp not working nearside (I've fitted a new bulb)
Anti-roll bar pin or bush excessively worn Nearside Rear
Anti-roll bar pin or bush excessively worn Offside Rear
Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn Nearside Front
Brake pipe excessively corroded Offside Rear
Sub-frame pin or bush excessively worn rear
Exhaust emissions exceed level of metered smoke for a turbo charged engine

The Anti-roll bar stuff is cheap, and a quick fix, the Sub-frame bush, and the brake pipe is a bit more involved, the emissions are the unknown quantity, I've bought some additive which I will put in the tank, the car then has to be run up to temperature, then driven at high revs, hopefully this will lower the emissions sufficiently.
is this before you leave the garage? - do you have one - we know you nearly have a spare room - wot do you call them over there - outdoor sun lounge - or some crazy fancy name to pretend you can sit in the sun - do you know what the sun is??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 07:38 PM

Spitty that is a very high price to pay for roof felt, my large workshop shed (12’x9’) got an entire new roof including timber, felt, and the chap’s time (a day and a half) for 1,000 euros cash, a Polish fella and he did a smashing job.
But you are far better off with a real tile roof in the long run, best of luck finding the rest of the tiles.

About the car, as you know I don’t drive, but with all then things wrong with it you’d be better off doing what me granny used to say to her neighbour when his car broke down “Sell it Mick, and buy an Ass”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Well actually Gummy there were several reports last week about sighting in Dublin and Kerry, three airline pilots made reports also. I was going to post some photo’s and clips from the newspapers but what would be the point? you lot would never believe me. The whole island of Ireland is becoming a hotbed for UFO activity this year.
Two years ago I took a photo of the full moon, when I took it out of the camera and put it up on the computer screen I zoomed in and there were three round objects circling the moon, red and blue-ish in colour, I put the photo up here and nobody gave it a second glance, here it is again, zoom in and tell me what those three balls are?
Anyone who knows anything about photography will know this photo hasn’t been tampered with, God is me judge.
I regularly go through the recordings on my surveillance cameras (6 of them) and have come across some very strange phenomena, strips of light dividing into several other sprips and flying off in different directions, that kind of thing, all my lens are regularly cleaned so it aint dirt, I truly believe that cameras can see a lot of things that the human eye cannot see.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Spitty.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:02 PM

1969 Hawkes Bay, New Zealand much enlarged.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:22 PM

when posting these pics gents can we at least include bikinis or full length swimsuits - nude is quite crass!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:27 PM

Naughty Gummy.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:36 PM

I decided against posting any of the artistic pictures of Sweetie Pie for that reason Gummy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-11-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I decided against posting any of the artistic pictures of Sweetie Pie for that reason Gummy.
Oiy you. X
Loved your pic btw.
Where is my piece of Birthday cake?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top